the wheel of time

Niolani

Does anyone else feel that "The New Spring" by Robert Jordan sort of felt like it had been written by someone else? It was so different. And does anyone feel that the new book was kind-of-different too? Adding to that it feels rushed, like he's hurrying up to tie up loose ends, after stringing us along for so long, now he's revealing everything in one big bang. :confused:

Anfeidrol said:
Question.... Are these books any good either?

Note to self: Read more!
If you like the EPIC i.e. mulitple stroylines, plots, charaters etc.. thne you might enjoy this series but be warned it appears after having got off to a bang to have run out of steam although Book 11 of 12 I'm currently reading seems to be picking up the pace a bit more now.

i got through LOTR okish lol. plus ive just finished reading a 15 book series....so....a few friends have said there good.which is the first book?

Book 1 "The Eye of the World"
Book 2 "The Great Hunt"
Book 3 "The Dragon Reborn"
Book 4 "The Shadow Rising"
Book 5 "The Fires of Heaven"
Book 6 " The Lord of Chaos"
Book 7 "A Crown of Swords"
Book 8 "The Path of Daggers"
Book 9 " Winter's Heart"
Book 10 "Crossroads of Twilight"
Book 11 " Knife of Dreams"

also a prequel "New Spring"

Eh, they're good. I agree with what Gollum said. The start is so amazing, you get completely hooked and then slowly, ever slowly it gets boring...with some good parts in between. No matter, it is still worth it and epic in every sense. The WoT got me through a lot of boring nights with ease (except for the Elayne chapters zzzzzz...)

The most recent book, Knife if Dreams, I enjoyed quite a lot. I think the "rushed" feeling that seems to be in that book is there on purpose to set the reader on edge. So that the reader gets to take that panic striken ride right along with the characters who are all on a path towards Tarmon Gai'don.

As for this series, well there were some dreadfully boring books but now that I have read Knife of Dreams I am glad that I suffered through them, I don't think KoD would have been as good had I skipped the borring parts of the epic story.

Rahl

i read the first 7 books of the series.
but then it got kind of boring and it was just too long-winded to keep up the tension. The plotline and the setting of twot is pretty good thougt. it just needs a quicker pace.
i hope to find the time to finish it sometimes
it just can get better ;)

Back