Votes: 69 48.9%
  • Sisko

Votes: 17 12.1%
  • Janeway

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • that bloke from Quantum Leap

Votes: 3 2.1%

• Total voters
I watched most of the series when I was a kid and they aired at the same time. Also watched a load of DVDs. I have seen every TOS, TNG and Voyager episode. DS9 just a few (maybe a dozen or so spread out over the series') and only very few Enterprise episodes.

So here is how I would have voted.

#1 Picard
Picard vote for me, easy vote. I always though Picard was a consumate Starfleet professional, very intelligent, tough as hell when he needed to be, someone who could inspire devotion in his crew and intimidate a god with his reason.

#2 Janeway
Janeway comes in a close second. I feel like Janeway had the roughest ride out of all of the Captains. Stranded with an epic journey home in unsafe space ahead. She did a damn good job.

#3 Kirk
Kirk last of all - even though I always liked Kirk he was fast with the fists and the lips.

# Sisko/Archer
I watched a little bit of DS9 but not consistently and I never really got into Enterprise. I tried a few Enterprise episodes and never enjoyed them, the DS9 episodes I watched were pretty good but I just never got into it like Voyager and TNG.

If humanity were ever put on trial by an annoying and fickle omnipotent being then I would want Picard representing. Oh wait, right...

Last edited:
Benjamin Sisko . favorite episode with Sisko In a Pale Moonlight. Awesome episode. (y)

Picard for me. Although that's maybe because I think the story lines and scripts were more mature when he was around than in the days of Kirk.

I agree with Baylor on Picard.
Garrett was the 1st female Captain of the Enterprise. She saved the Federation from being destroyed by the Klingons (at least the first time around). She was smart and had guts. All she lacked was adequate protective headgear towards the end of the episode.

Well, Rachel Garrett was the first Starfleet Captain shown. In Yesterday's Enterprise set in 2344, Garrett was captain of the starship USS Enterprise-C. There was a great buzz among female fans at the time the episode aired about her being a female Captain.

I liked Rache Garrett.:)

Picard because diplomacy is always a good answer. Then Kirk when something just needs punching. Also, Rachel Garrett was awesome, pre-Janeway! That's like one of my favorite episodes of TNG.

Garrett was strong and gutsy, and a fitting captain for the ENT-C, no doubt, but lets not forget it was Tasha Yar's skill and experience (under the tutelage of Picard) aboard the ENT-C, sans Garrett, that won the day that lead to the Khitomer Accord. :)

GNDN

Baylor, you know the penalty.

*hands over one way ticket to Rura Penthe*

Edited extra bit: ha. Bit frazzled. For some reason (homophonish?), Pike made me think of Chris Pine.

tumblr_mjr6iwgesR1s67vyfo4_250.gif

Hard to choose between Kirk and Picard, it's honestly tied in my mind. Sisko, however, was the worst! I even prefer Archer to him, and he wasn't so great either. He got better at least. Shame Enterprise ended when it did. It was just starting to get almost good.

Picard tried reason, philosophy, and Shakespeare quotes on Q. They guy kept bugging him.

Sisko popped him in the teeth. He never stepped foot in DS9 again. Plus, baseball is awesome. I want to be on Benjamin's baseball rotisserie league.

Sisko>Picard

I was shocked and appalled by the content of this survey. Shouldn't it have read?:

Second-Best "Star Trek: Captain?
  • Kirk
  • Sisko
  • Janeway
  • that bloke from Quantum Leap :D

I was shocked and appalled by the content of this survey. Shouldn't it have read?:

Second-Best "Star Trek: Captain?
  • Kirk
  • Sisko
  • Janeway
  • that bloke from Quantum Leap :D

You Captain Sam Beckett ? Leaping from command chair to command chair, putting right what once went wrong. Hoping the final leap will be the the leap home.:D But the funny thing is that, AL was absent.:unsure: