Cast List

Millsy

Ok, suppose you are in charge of filming a TP novel. who would you cast as who? for example,Sir David jason as Vimes.

Terry Pratchett Fans, if I may make so bold as to introduce
http://www.livejournal.com/community/discworld/tag/movies+and+dvds
This should take you to a Pterry fan site and a range of threads on casting for various Pratchett plays and possible films ~ e.g Hugh Laurie as Vimes (charliesmum, 14th Sept) I think David Jason would be better suited compared to Hugh Laurie, although I wonder if charliesmum meant Stephen Fry? Someone else recommended Alan Rickman for Vetinari, but what do you guys think? I reckon maybe Adrian Brody?

Alan Rickman could be better than Brody, because he is older, but I think too many people associate Rickman with Harry Potter and will see the film with him as something for kids.

Besides which, who says that Vetinari is a villain, anyway? :confused:

I always thought that a young Kate Bush would have made a good Magrat Garlick and the late Phil Lynott of Thin Lizzy would have been a perfect Greebo (human phase). Maggie Smith for Granny Weatherwax?

Sibeling wrote;
Quote:
Originally Posted by hermi-nomi
And a dead Celloist :)

I didn't know that.:)

See the film 'Truely Madly Deeply' It's cheesy and beautiful ~ and still makes me cry ;-)

I THINK daniel day lewis would make a good vetrinari as well,,,,i have eric idle stuck in my head as the voice of rincewind from the discword video games...plus he looks like him now...but perhaps hes to old...as well as steve bucemi as nobby,,,lol that would be hilarious...but hes not english so it might be a stretch,,,well actually Lee evans would make a good nobby as well..and Micheal mcshane as a colon...he was in the british version of Whos line is it anyways,,,as well as many films as Ritchie Ritch and the voice of Cid from final fantasty 10...hes a good fat guy to play colon,.,,vimes would be tricky,,,ide like to say clint eastwood but again hes not english...but meh,,thats how he looks in the art books released recently,,,,and the old lady from harry potter who plays the head witch,,,would be good as granny weatherwax,,but again it would be associated with another witch which wouldnt be too good..

but yeah thats my too cents..

Culhwch said:
Jeremy Irons as Vetinari, I reckon.

THATS good one....he would be great,,,,

i was also thinking hugo weaver as vimes....hes the main agent form the matrix and the man behind the mask of v for vendetta....most dont realise but hes actually british./..which is why he sounds so weird in the matrix...

and i think Helena bohem carter from fight club and corpse bride as susan,,,she seems naturally disgruntled

I don't think Hugo Weaving would do a good Vimes. I have a picture of Vimes in my head, but I'll be damned if I can think of an actor who could play him. Whoever he is, he's not American (not that Weaving is, I'm just saying :)).

Magrat Garlick = Emma Chambers (Alice from Vicar of Dibley). Case closed :)

PS - Judi Dench is too posh to play Nanny Ogg. No matter how good an actress she is.

PPS - For Alan Rickman to be famous primarily for the Boy Potter, I think that would make it time to revolt and kill everyone in sight.

Albert Finney as Vimes. Timothy Spall as Fred Colon.
Maybe Kevin McKidd as Corporal Carrot.

I agree with Gina Gershon as Angua. Good choice.:)

I have always thought that Sean Pertwee would make a good vimes. I think the guy who played Remus Lupin in harry potter would make a good rincewind and the old guy who play Jim Branning in Eastenders could be Fred Colon.
Nobby nobbs has to be played by Tony Robinson. I agree with anyone who thinks Alan Rickman would be a good Vetinari and i think Grownup is right about Kevin McKidd as Carrot