One more time, IDing a book

Captain J

Last time, you guys were great and helped me find the book I was looking for, so here goes once again.

A few years ago, I read a book about a structure detected on our moon. When we finally went there, we found a huge structure being built by nanobots. If anyone got close, they were killed and utilized in the building process. In the end, as I recall it sent out a signal to whatever had sent it. I also think some of these actually had gotten to Earth, and the very end of the book is sbout them finding them.

Slim ifno to go on, but if anyone knows. Thanks CJ

Sadly the only thing that comes to mind is a scifi book written by Terry Pratchett. It has some similar situations but quite clearly isn't it. Anyone else have any ideas?

Sadly no...:mad:

If it was a fantasy book I'd have a much better shot at it but not being a big SF fan I've no idea, maybe JP knows....:confused:

Sounds like something Dean Kootz would write.

Parts of it remind me of Reunion by Marcus Chown and John Gribbin, and partly of the 'Ware series by Rudy Rucker - afraid my memory's not too sharp on either. Perhaps you could look up the amazon book synopses and at least eliminate these? I'll see if I can think of anything else.