Serenity Movie

Bill Snodgrass

I read the instructions and think this is the place to post this....

Johne Cook has written a great review of the new Serenity movie (based on the series, Firefly).

Here's the link if you want to see what he said (no spoilers):

http://theswordreview.com/item.php?sub_id=291

Johne says this is a great movie, but with some adult concepts. Not for little kids....

I think I'm going to Wal-Mart to look for the DVD set for the series. I think I'd want to watch the TV version first, but I am sure the movie is a "stand alone" project.

Reading that review is okay, but I'd like to hear it from a fan (like me) and from people just interested in seeing it...

To be honest, I think that the film will be filled with in-jokes that only the fans would appreciate...

Found out today that Firefly won an Emmy... Why would Fox cancel an Emmy award winning series??? HUH???

i loved Firefly ....but like all the good shows it was on late at night at a different time and day everytime it was on which was sometimes three weeks apart sometimes one....sigh

i hate the people who choose WHEN the shows are put on!

look forward to seeing the Serenity Movie:D

shandril said:
i loved Firefly ....but like all the good shows it was on late at night at a different time and day everytime it was on which was sometimes three weeks apart sometimes one....sigh

i hate the people who choose WHEN the shows are put on!

I'm with you there, Shandril. Bloody TV executives - they put on dross like Dancing with the Stars ('Where? I don't see any!') and kick around decent shows like Firefly....

Culhwch said:
I'm with you there, Shandril. Bloody TV executives - they put on dross like Dancing with the Stars ('Where? I don't see any!') and kick around decent shows like Firefly....

drives me flippin nutty (more so than normal:D )there are so many shows lost to the late time slotes...Witchblade was another....some ive even forgot the name of there appearance was so brief...*sniff*....*mutter muttter grumble grumble*
sigh.............

*mutters and kicks the tv guide*

They did a couple other things wrong with this one too...they aired episode #3 or 4 instead of one the first night, and then aired the next few out of order...it was almost fated to be cancelled early after that kind of screw up. From what I hear the DVD of the series is very good, highly recommended by another member here. The SciFi channel here in the states purchased the rights and has replayed the whole series (in the proper order). I've been watching those replayed episodes (because I saw one episode in the first airing and I was intrigued) and am now awaiting a chance to see the movie.