a challenge!

Alicia

TruthFul
I have seen much talented art here...but is there anyone who draws dragons...? Pix help me with my writing and I like collecting dragon pix, and would like to add a few more. I have yet to see a really good pic of a wyvern...particularly a red one;)

Attachments

• 759972132.jpg
    759972132.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 409
  • 1460461794.jpg
    1460461794.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 412
Thanx for the pix (I especially like the red wyvern with the black background. I also enjoyed lookin' at the sketches...are you the artist behind them...?:D

The red dragon has been a personal favorite of mine for years it is just how I envision a dragon to look like. I even did a HUGE painting of it on my old flat wall! When I moved an old man got my old flat, appaently it took him 5 layers of paint to paint over it... oops! :D
The artist is Paul Jauques.

cool, but, too bad.

hope you got a picture of it before it got painted over.:eek:

most who do good art have all lost artwork at some time and
can feel for you and know what that must feel like.
alot of people with an interest in art also read - who knew.:)

Thanks Tim, Luckily I do have a photo or two with my pic on... I have learnt from my mistake, now I paint on canvas board! :D

I would REALLY love to put up some of my artwork on here but I still dont know how to make the pictures small enough.. I thought that by just making the image size smaller it would be able to be attached but that hasnt worked.... :confused: :(

I will learn how to use photo shop, fireworks and paint shop pro 9 one day! ;)

well even if u lost one peice of work on one wall - i don't think i would really call it a mistake. many greats paint on walls. some cool paintings on the walls of some resturants and caffe's all look cool and even if vulnerable to interior re-design - could never be called a real mistake - just daring, art that carries a little risk with regards to rent controls and change of tenets.

if you get another opportunity to do cool work on a wall - interior or exterior don't let one loss stop you - people always remember the resturant wall painting a few years back.

even if its gone.

glad you got pictures - i don't think you made any mistakes.;)

Talk about temporary art - I designed my best dragon for a backdrop on a stage production; about fifteen feet long dragon! Have a pic somewhere, but it's not digital, and it's in storage.

So it goes... My solution is to just make another one - I save the pattern or the original art that I enlarged.

kyektulu said:
Thanks Tim, Luckily I do have a photo or two with my pic on... I have learnt from my mistake, now I paint on canvas board! :D

I would REALLY love to put up some of my artwork on here but I still dont know how to make the pictures small enough.. I thought that by just making the image size smaller it would be able to be attached but that hasnt worked.... :confused: :(

I will learn how to use photo shop, fireworks and paint shop pro 9 one day! ;)

if in photoshop, and decreasing the size is not sufficient enough to lower the memory enough to allow you to post, change the format. Jpeg images require less memory then psp files. When youve finished resizing, and go to save, just select a jpeg as the file type. *shrug* worked in my case

I use a tiny free program on windows called "irfanview." It's really simple and does all of the image manipulating that I need to make photos tiny, etc. for posting on my website. So you don't have to get huge, expensive programs to do what you need...not to discourage you from learning them "one day."

you dont have to pay for those programs at all if your neighbour
is an I.T guy ;)

Thanx for the links, Rosemary! I especially liked "Green Sky" and "Hare Thing" from the first one. Although...there was that one in the second link...:D

Glad you enjoyed it Alicia. There are so many sites like these, and most of them apppear to have very good quality artists. One could spend hours just browsing through each site, fighting the urge to purchase! :)

I love to see how each artists portrays a particular subject matter in so many ways. Using various mediums as well gives the final effect a different aspect.

Thanx for the links! There's some excellent art work there...especially Sweet's colloection. Fantastic! But I think my most favorite was "GateKeeper".
But maybe that's just because black is my favorite colour;)

:) yep! I like Justin Sweet artworks too. There is something about Rubenss and Goija in them - i mean the sense of color and style of brush touch.

Yes, there IS something about his work. It conveys the movement, and the emotion, of the scene depicted. It's like you're there; makes you feel like you're a part of it. Absolutely wonderful!

:)

so do I ;)

just today i discovered his website, and it got me! I can't stop browsing thought galleries... and I don't know why. Like you want more an more... he wants you to give him your little thinger, and then he takes all your hand and mind.

I think this has to do something with the energy and atmosphere... these sketch like drawing make you to complete the work in your mind... really geat :)

About this artis I learned though trading card game "Magic: The Gathering". That was quite long time ago. I liked the ilustrations he made, but I have never taken a closer look to his works. Now, when I have done it, I feel stunned.

Now I have to do some sketches for my own composition, and my mind is poping... it doesn't stop... can't gather my thoughts - so funny for me.

Back