Second Chronicles of Druss the Legend

worldbefree

On the biography it lists "Second Chronicles of Druss the Legend " - 1995
Can anyone tell me anything about this book? Its not listed online anywhere.

Read it not long after it was published - another great book from Gemmell :)

If you are a Gemmell's fan - not one to miss !

I have a problem here, The 'Second Chornicles of Druss The Legend' is also known as 'The Legend of Deathwalker' however, at the end of 'The First Chronicles of Druss the Legend' the epilogue says that Druss fights with the Gothir against the Nadir in 'The Second Chronicles of Druss The Legend', where in 'The Legend of Deathwalker' Druss fights with around 200 Nadir tribesman at the Shrine of Oshikai Demon-Bane against 2000 Gothir.

Can anyone explain this to me?

can the Gemmel books be read seperatly as if they were separate books? the Gemmel line up at our library seems to be missing some books, yet I still would like to give it a try after I finished the Farseer trilogy

Cornelius David Gemmell books can be read in any order it just helps to read certain books in order to follow the story but most drenai books can be read in any order as they are mostly not directly related to each other

As far as I remember, the second chronicles of Druss basically deal with his life after Legend.

A lot of it is to do with him confronting Ulric at Dros Delnoch and his eventual end.

Cool book. :)

Winters_Sorrow said:
As far as I remember, the second chronicles of Druss basically deal with his life after Legend.

A lot of it is to do with him confronting Ulric at Dros Delnoch and his eventual end.

Cool book. :)

He dies in Legend, so how can it deal with his life after that? LOL

Seriously though the initial scene is set at the time of Legend where he tells his tale about his search for the Eyes of Alchazzar and when he aided the Nadir. A good tale with some masterful touches.

I have a problem here, The 'Second Chornicles of Druss The Legend' is also known as 'The Legend of Deathwalker' however, at the end of 'The First Chronicles of Druss the Legend' the epilogue says that Druss fights with the Gothir against the Nadir in 'The Second Chronicles of Druss The Legend', where in 'The Legend of Deathwalker' Druss fights with around 200 Nadir tribesman at the Shrine of Oshikai Demon-Bane against 2000 Gothir.

Can anyone explain this to me?

I suspect that David Gemmell simply forgot. He makes a point at the start of First Chronicles that he asked a fan for all the information he'd covered on Druss in Legend. Therefore I don't think he really focused too much on continuity. Which is kind of borne out by his novels generally not following each other closely in time, even when in a series (ie, Rigante).

druss can always come back---- temple of the ressurectionists---. I wanna see the ghosts to be back , waylander, druss , decado, siemen , senta, angel , beltzer et al all brought back for one last ragnarok type war. you know it sounds like a book of Legend!!!

druss can always come back---- temple of the ressurectionists---. I wanna see the ghosts to be back , waylander, druss , decado, siemen , senta, angel , beltzer et al all brought back for one last ragnarok type war. you know it sounds like a book of Legend!!!

Welcome to the chrons forums @Ghosttob ! Always good to see another Gemmell fan here. :)

How can you not like Gemmell - The Kid was an absolute Legend. Have read everything apart from the Troy series, as the Alexander set didnt really do it for me like the others, so have yet to read.
Thanks for the welcome.

How can you not like Gemmell

I remain surprised that's he's not more widely read and talked about.

Have read everything apart from the Troy series, as the Alexander set didnt really do it for me like the others, so have yet to read.
Thanks for the welcome.

I loved Lion of Macedon for its realism but wasn't keen on the overt fantasy of Dark Prince. The Troy series is hugely ambitious - a lot of Gemmell fans especially like it, perhaps because of the close continuity of characters across the trilogy.