Vampire stories by Stephen King

AA Institute

One of my all time favourite horror stories is 'Salems Lot', I loved both the movie and the book. I wonder if SK wrote any other vampire novels that are worth a read in anyone's opinion? :)

AA

Not a novel but a short story - The Night Flier - is an interesting one. Was turned into a B-movie with Michael Ironside.
There's also a short story located in the Dark Tower universe about kind of female vampires but I don't remember the name of it.

Leto said:
Not a novel but a short story - The Night Flier - is an interesting one. Was turned into a B-movie with Michael Ironside.
There's also a short story located in the Dark Tower universe about kind of female vampires but I don't remember the name of it.

I saw the night flier last year it was quite cheesey but it was a good film nonetheless

sanityassassin said:
he did another short story called popsie which was in the book nightmares and dreamscapes with the night flyer
Yep, same vampire IIRC.

Hi, thanks to all.

I was after novels rather than short stories, but have since found a few good ones by other authors.

AA

Leto touched on the Dark Tower one that you may wish to check out because it is a vampire novella rather than a short story. The King novella, which can be found in Legends: Short Novels by the Masters of Modern Fantasy, Vol. 1 (edited by Robert Silverberg) is entitled "The Little Sisters of Eluria." In paperback form, the story is 122 pages.

It is a good story, and I actually found it stronger than the third volume of the Dark Tower series and more intriguing than Salem's Lot. You don't need to read the Dark Tower books to understand the "The Little Sisters of Eluria," in case you were worried.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...ding=UTF8&no=283155&me=ATVPDKIKX0DER&st=books

Read that short story too.

Was really creeped out by it! (in a good way)

has anyone noticed how the dark tower series setting is familliar, sort of, like perhaps what society may have turned out like after the "stand" it reminds me of "eye's of the dragon too"

Or am I just odd!

One For The Road is a good vamp short story about Salem's Lot. Its a sort of sequal.

Back