Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Punisher

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Spawn

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • John Constantine

Votes: 16 39.0%

• Total voters
That's the fellow from Donaldsonb's Gap series, right? Nasty git. For what it;s worth, you ought to check out the comic Constanteen was based on - Hellblazer. If you liked the movie, trust me, the comic just blows it away.

knivesout said:
That's the fellow from Donaldsonb's Gap series, right? Nasty git. For what it;s worth, you ought to check out the comic Constanteen was based on - Hellblazer. If you liked the movie, trust me, the comic just blows it away.
+1. even if you haven't see the movie, go and read the comics. Start with TPB before entering the ongoing serie.

Seen the movie - damn good it was too - even if it was Ted playing the lead role.

I think a friend of mine has the graphic novels, he's the same guy that brought round Constantine on DVD for me to watch. Although he may have lost them in the mists of time by now, will have to check with him (I'd rather read them for free).

EDIT: Yep, Angus is from The Gap series, one of my all time favourite set of novels. I really need to re-read them at some point.

EDIT2: TPB?

Ahdkaw said:
Seen the movie - damn good it was too - even if it was Ted playing the lead role.

I think a friend of mine has the graphic novels, he's the same guy that brought round Constantine on DVD for me to watch. Although he may have lost them in the mists of time by now, will have to check with him (I'd rather read them for free).

EDIT: Yep, Angus is from The Gap series, one of my all time favourite set of novels. I really need to re-read them at some point.

EDIT2: TPB?

TPB = Trade Paperback (at least I hope so, or I'm going to look very silly :) )

Correct, WS. Each focusing on one story arc, and can be read quite easily as a stand alone. A good way to be introduced to the ongoing serie.

I will have to vote for Riddick. It was neck and neck for a while against Constantine...

Ill go for something a little different in Leopold Bloom from James Joyce’s Ulysses.

How Daredevil can qualify as an antihero ?

Jenny Sparks ?

How about Servalen from Blakes 7? She's cool, if nothing else! I'mn afraid I'm rather ignorant about fantasy heroes/heroines. Does C J Cherryh's Morgaine qualify as an anti-hero, too?

Best anti-hero? The comic version of John Constantine, by far. :)

Great to see the first issue online - any idea how much it's worth?

Oh - and to keep with anti-heroes, I have to raise an honourary mention to Raistlin from the Dragonlance Chronicles. :)

I said:
Best anti-hero? The comic version of John Constantine, by far. :)

Great to see the first issue online - any idea how much it's worth?
£9.81 on Amazon.co.uk, around USD 15.

A good deal regarding the quality of the book.

I said:
Oh - and to keep with anti-heroes, I have to raise an honourary mention to Raistlin from the Dragonlance Chronicles. :)
i read them so long ago that i sometimes forget them, but YEAH!;)