"Lost" with Spoilers

Nope a shark with a taste for Tennessee flesh (good taste btw) and a symbol tattooed similar to the one on Desmond shirt and hatch furnitures. The 8 form is because it's cap taken in-between 2 moving images.

From what I have been able to determine, it was the same logo found on Desmonds uniform, the Dharma logo, which contains what looks like some sort of I-Ching symbols, which resemble a bar code ;) . There are 8 bars surrounding the outline of a swam and the word "Dharma".
Have to ask what we are suppose to know from this? What clue does this give us to what's going on with the island?

My thinking maybe a little off on this, but here's my thought...
Supposing the symbols are to represent I-Ching...
I-Ching more or less represents balance, ie... the ying-yang symbol. Here in Northern California there is a place where you can go (littlemiss & Kelpie should know what I'm talking about) and everything is crooked, the magnatic pole is off and if you stand up straight your actually at a slant. (Gosh I hope this makes sense to all of you) It's a tourist attraction and there are several places around the world where this happens at. There's a name for this, which alludes me at the moment. What if instead of everything being off, that on the island everything is in balance? Or comes to a balance?

One thing that sticks in my mind are the numbers. Hurley plays these numbers, which are on the hatch and wins tons of money. Then everything that could go wrong does. Good luck/bad luck... it's a balance effect for Hurley. (Although I'll have note here, I don't believe in luck at all) If you think about the hatch it's a quartine area in which there is a guy living in luxury. While out on the island is a woman who is completely insane living in wild. Again there is balance.

Okay... those are just my thoughts.

Nope a shark with a taste for Tennessee flesh (good taste btw) and a symbol tattooed similar to the one on Desmond shirt and hatch furnitures. The 8 form is because it's cap taken in-between 2 moving images.
Thanks for the explaination Leto. I suppose it would help if I read the whole thread and not just one post.

EDIT: Another thought to support my theory is Claire and her baby. The night that the baby boy was born, that guy (whose name I forgot) died.
Okay... it's a stretch.

Last edited:
Alia said:
Here in Northern California there is a place where you can go (littlemiss & Kelpie should know what I'm talking about) and everything is crooked, the magnatic pole is off and if you stand up straight your actually at a slant. (Gosh I hope this makes sense to all of you) It's a tourist attraction and there are several places around the world where this happens at. There's a name for this, which alludes me at the moment. What if instead of everything being off, that on the island everything is in balance? Or comes to a balance?
I found out... it's called Confusion Hill. It's where balls appear to roll up hill. Here's a link:
http://www.roadsideamerica.com/set/SCIspots.html

On the left side is a directory and confusion hill is listed there.

Mystery spot is the same thing, Littlemiss. We were thinking alike, btw. I ended up calling the friend and she was busy. :D

The Island Messiah theory ? Well why not but it's a bit far-fetched IMO and too 80s branded.
BTW, the other guy was Boone.

Okay, here is a question for you... Why so many damn Yanks??? I didn't think that Yanks went to Australia... Why only one Aussie and one Brit??? Any flight out of Australia would be teaming with Aussie, Brits, New Zealanders, Japanese... But this flight was full to bursting with Americans...

[EDIT] I'd just like to qualify that I haven't seen the series in quite the same depth as everyone else... Firstly I missed the first two episodes, so had to pick it up as I went along...

Okay additional questions:
1) Locke: How long was he paralysed??? And what suddenly caused him to be able to walk without muscle atrophy (sp?)??? What did he see, and why didn't it kill him??? Why does he feel he needs to help everyone???
2) The lady sat on the beach staring out to sea: What happened to her???
3) Syed: Who hit him with the branch when he was trying to triangulate the French woman's signal???
4) Hurley: Why isn't he as phased as everyone else by the experience???
5) The Hobbit: WHY??? What is he good for???
6) The Astmatic Prima Donna and her ineffectual brother: What is their deal??? She acts like it is some holiday, and he is so pathetic...

Last edited:
And in addition to my additional questions:

1) Who were the corpses in the cave???
2) Why hasn't anyone of the survivors have the disease???
3) Mr Rom: Who the hell is he???
4) Claire: When she saw the psychic, he mentioned that he saw blurs... Could they be The Others???
5) The French Woman: How was her signal being transmitted of 16 years???
6) Numbers Theory: What is the significance of 2 African/American and 2 Oriental???

2) The lady sat on the beach staring out to sea: What happened to her???
Got another acting job :) . I imagine her husband was in the tail section, so we may see her again.

3) Syed: Who hit him with the branch when he was trying to triangulate the French woman's signal???
Locke, he confessed.

A lot of the other questions we dont have answers for yet. As for the characters...well...they are just characters. Some are going to be useless. :)

Trey Greyjoy said:
Locke, he confessed.

Did he say why??? He seems to be the only one in his element... He's loving it!!!

Trey Greyjoy said:
A lot of the other questions we dont have answers for yet. As for the characters...well...they are just characters. Some are going to be useless. :)

Already there... :D

Have to ask what we are suppose to know from this? What clue does this give us to what's going on with the island?

Well, I was thinking the shark was part of an island defense mechanism. It illustrates that someone or some group is making a large effort to keep people on or off the island. It points more towards a scientific explanation than supernatural.

As to an overall theory, Im leaning more and more toward the island being reality...the flashbacks being hallucinatory or "false memories" if you will...and the island is one giant experiment. This explains a great deal.

The Master™ said:
Did he say why??? He seems to be the only one in his element... He's loving it!!!
Yes he did say....I think it was because of the fact that he didnt want to be rescued. He is still under the belief that all of this is his destiny and all some sort of magical and mystical experience.

As to an overall theory, Im leaning more and more toward the island being reality...the flashbacks being hallucinatory or "false memories" if you will...and the island is one giant experiment. This explains a great deal.
the flash backs are hallucinatory? interesting... realistic... I would have to disagree. Could be as simple as a choas theory going on on the island.

Trey Greyjoy said:
Yes he did say....I think it was because of the fact that he didnt want to be rescued. He is still under the belief that all of this is his destiny and all some sort of magical and mystical experience.
There's more to it then that guys...

Maybe all the memories of the crash and such like are false memories... Maybe there was no crash and the people were put there as an experiment...

The abundance of Americans is partly explained by the fact that the plane was going to Los Angeles. And Sydney is hardly on a direct route from the UK or Japan to California, so the Brits and the Japanese would be coming and going by different flights, not that one.

You're probably right that there should have been more New Zealanders and Australians. One assumes that they do visit the western United States from time to time. Although, come to think of it, I've been here for more than half a century and don't remember having ever met up with any of them.

Still, seems odd that there are so many Americans in Australia... Didn't know that it was an American destination - considering so many Americans have trouble realising that Canada is immediately above them... ;)

Okay, still there should have been more Antipideans... :D

Alia said:
There's more to it then that guys...

He said more, but I cant remember what exactly. I do remember that I felt the scene was forced in sideways in an attempt to answer some questions before the finale. But unless Sayid brings it up again soon I think the matter is at a close.

Maybe all the memories of the crash and such like are false memories... Maybe there was no crash and the people were put there as an experiment...

Thats what Im leaning towards at the moment :) ;) .
It explains away all the seemingly improbable coincidences that occured prior to the crash - all the "numbers", characters running into each other and each other's family members etc. Those memories were either purposeful implants or arose in their subconscious "flashbacks" due to events they had already experienced on the island. They already knew the "numbers" so the numbers show up in their dreams/flashbacks.
Plus it gives a basis for the miraculous occurances too...Locke being able to walk again, the Jack's patient's miracle recovery etc..
Plus the polar bear. Walt didnt "conjure" the polar bear, he knew somehow about the polar bears on the island and they found their way into his and Michaels "flashbacks".
Just theory at this point! But Im liking it.

Do they ALL know about the numbers???

But, already being on the island without serious injury... No Broken bones, etc... Would be explained...

Maybe the French woman was driven mad by the memories... Maybe there was no research team... Maybe she didn't have a child... MAYBE IT IS KIDS DOING IT!!! Walt is one of them... ;)

Walt is an interesting situation and I don't full understand his power. He is an evil little seed in my mind, but hey that's my sassy perspective shining through today...

I don't know about this... I will have to disagree.

Back