"Lost" with Spoilers

Increase their numbers? What group are they? Indoctrinate? Okay... I'm lost. Sorry.

Once again... I envy you Leto... I would love to visit any part of France, south, north, or middle. :)

I have the feeling that Walt is the key to everything. The fact that he's 'odd' or 'strange things happen' around him is kind of a tip-off, I think that somehow Walt can be connected to everything.

One of my questions is about Claire and her baby. She saw a palm reader before leaving Australia, in fact, he was the reason she took the flight in the first place. What did he see???? I always got the feeling that he knew the flight was going to go down and he wanted her to take the flight specifically because of that. No idea why I feel that way but there it is.

Just a note: I got the feeling of a submarine when the hatch was opened. That would at least explain why the glass would be so tough to break.

What are they ? Other castaways from a former plane accidents ? The surviving scientist who escaped Danielle's rampage and went mad with the diseases ? As far as we know, we don't know yet. But they have access to oil as they have a motor boat.

Not a submarine as such, but the island as a kind of ship collecting things around (hence polar bear, aloe vera, australian boars and eucalyptus in the same island) with the hatch leading to the control center could be an explanation.

Alia said:
Increase their numbers? What group are they? Indoctrinate? Okay... I'm lost. Sorry.
The Others is a group on the island that the French lady is so scared of and who allegedly stole her baby when she was first lost there. As viewers we've seen no sign of them and they could be fictional or real, no way to know for sure.

Alia said:
Once again... I envy you Leto... I would love to visit any part of France, south, north, or middle. :)
Yep, definitely haven't been to France in way too long. Have you got a couch I could sleep on Leto? :D

Leto said:
What are they ? Other castaways from a former plane accidents ? The surviving scientist who escaped Danielle's rampage and went mad with the diseases ? As far as we know, we don't know yet. But they have access to oil as they have a motor boat.
My husband and I debated on whether or not those people on the boat were 'The Others'. If they weren't, how the heck did they get there? If they were, how the heck do they have a boat and gas?

Yup. Just give me your airport and time arrival.
According to television without pity board they are members of the Others

Never thought of the Island as a ship before. The only problem though is that tropical plants would not survive if the ship made its way to a cold enough climate to pick up a polar bear. ( if the Island is a submarine though, it would be interesting if during season two the Island started to sink or rise. )

Unless some people tend to them (the Others ?) or the ship went to the Poles before.
Anyway, ship or not, the island must be an artefact itself. There's no natural place between Australia and LA where you can encounter Aloe Vera, Eucalyptus and razorbacks in the wild.

One of my questions is about Claire and her baby. She saw a palm reader before leaving Australia, in fact, he was the reason she took the flight in the first place. What did he see???? I always got the feeling that he knew the flight was going to go down and he wanted her to take the flight specifically because of that. No idea why I feel that way but there it is.
Yeah I would like to know too... What if he did see the plan crash but saw the baby was the only hope to help the survivors survive...

Yep, definitely haven't been to France in way too long. Have you got a couch I could sleep on Leto? :D
You have two couches, Leto? :D

I doubt Boone is going to be in it much if at all. Maybe a couple of flashbacks. The actor was supposedly quite pissed off that he was killed off. Apparently originally it was supposed to be someone else (possibly even Jack) but they decided he was too popular. Or something like that.

Speaking of season 2 (casting spoiler here): The actress Michelle Rodriquez, whose character flirted briefly with Jack at the airport in the last episode is going to be a regular this year. And she was sitting in the tail of the plane.

With regards to Walt and Claire's Baby and possibly mad frenchwoman's child... I think the island itself or some force on the island is looking for a particular child with certain powers, which is part of the reason some people are lured there. It could possibly be two children who are destined to fulfill good and evil roles (or something, look right back to the pilot and Locke's little speech about backgammon). I couldn't hazzard a guess as to why or anything though!

However, keep in mind that they did say Artz (the guy who got blown up in the last episode) was going to be a major new character in series two. So they are not to be completely trusted

Yes, but he could still be a major character in some of the flashbacks. He may have had minor interactions with the main characters that we don't know about yet, and he may have had major interactions with characters that are going to be important in the new season.

Or it could be something more devious, like maybe it was an imposter that got blown-up, and the real guy is about to stumble out of the jungle declaring that he's been kept prisoner by the Others; or an imposter could stumble out of the jungle and pretend to be the original, or--

The possibilities are endless with a show like this one, and I wouldn't count anyone out for the new season, no matter how dead.

Yep and a Nigerian actor from Oz will be there too, the plane which killed Boone was from Nigeria.
For Boone, maybe the island has seen too many Romero movie and him, the pilot and the marshall will come back to haunt the castaway.

The possibilities are endless with a show like this one,
So true...

We can speculate as much as possible but when it comes right down to it... we just don't know and our guessing is so far off course... (reminds me of a book series I'm reading :D)

I thought Boone was the one who was killed, that's what threw me when you asked. I assumed once dead it was over for him other than flash backs... but as Kelpie said 'possiblities are endless'.

What I want to know is what was that 'look' that passed between Hurley and Walt as Hurley made the flight? Almost like a 'good, you made it' sort of look. Did they know each other, and how? And then Hurley finds the comic book in his seat pocket, like it had been planted there just for him. Weird.

Karen :)

Hey all.

There is a great article about the upcoming season of Lost in this week's Entertainment Weekly. It includes a pull out poster of the plane, giving a seating chart and a brief synopsis of the characters.

Back