The x files

Los Marilos said:
Another film may be in the offing. David Duchovney has said that Mulder should wear a dress in it....:eek:

:D Methinks Duchovny likes to wear the dresses a little too much. After all, he did so when he played another FBI agent in "Twin Peaks".

the_dungeoneer said:
did anyone watch the lone gunmen stand alone? - i though it was pretty dire like.

I think the problem with the series they gave the Lone Gunmen was that they tried to play it too much for laughs. In "X-Files", yes, they often were a source of comic relief, but they also served a serious purpose within the stories they were included in as well.

yes thats true, dont think he looks very fetching in a dress though, not really his thing, he should leave it to professionals.

littlemissattitude said:
:D
I think the problem with the series they gave the Lone Gunmen was that they tried to play it too much for laughs. In "X-Files", yes, they often were a source of comic relief, but they also served a serious purpose within the stories they were included in as well.
i agree, i tried to wwatch it, but it never managed to do more than be a bit annoying.

I watched The Lone Gunmen a few times but it just wasn't that good. I liked the x-files heaps but I stopped watching when the other woman came in. I didn't really like all the alien episodes though. An interesting side note to that inbred one, does anyone remember?, was one of the actors that played one of the sons had an affair with Gillian that helped break up her marriage and then it came to light he was a sex offender or something.
I don't know any of the episodes names but the cannibalistic town creeped me out and I refused to ever watch "the fluke" one as I have a phobia of drains and what lurks in them (brought about by Stephen King's It). I also liked the one where the mans shadow was dangerous, there are so many

littlemissattitude said:
:D Methinks Duchovny likes to wear the dresses a little too much. After all, he did so when he played another FBI agent in "Twin Peaks".
Methinks the man looks good in dress.
;)

I like the episode in which time starts over and over again after Mulder and Scully die in a Bombing. I like how it got rid of the whole waterbed situation in his apartment, just like that.

I enjoy the whole entire series + the Movie...hands down the best tv franchise that is not animated. IMO, of course.:)

X-Files: The Pilot, revisited.

I just watched the original pilot episode for the series for the first time a couple days ago. I was little surprised how much it set up the rest of the plot points that thread through the seasons. The episode was really strong. The FBI was already trying to shut down the X-Files, the smoking man, to the Barenaked Ladies relief, was in this one, Fox mentioned his sister's alien abduction, and even the groundwork for Mulder's and Scully's romance was even played out. Their candle lit heart-to-heart in the hotel room was a nice touch. ;)

It was also interesting to see Chris Carter still working with getting these two core characters pegged down. Scully was an obvious Jodi Foster from Silence of the Lambs imitation. The theme song was yet to be laid down, and the message, "the following is based on actual events" before the episode began was funny looking back at it a decade later.

Did anyone see the deleted scene where Scully, before flying to Oregon, visits her radio newscaster boyfriend? Going by the dialog, it seems that it was cut because of time restraints, and it simply retold what the audience already knew. I wonder, however, if Carter cut it because he had decided that he didn't want to have Scully in a relationship, after all. Unless I am mistaken, the rest of the first season never alludes to that boyfriend again, so maybe he just wanted to drop that angle altogether. I have yet to watch the commentary for the pilot, so I am not sure.

Im getting season 7 for Xmas :D I liked season 8 & 9 and thought the new faces freshened the storylines a bit.

have to say love the x-files have to agree early once are beter .I have to say the best once are the once are the once that stand alone and can bee watched and enjoyed indervidulay and are just great short,scary storys

I still remember when I first saw the pilot episode. I was only aged about thirteen and I thought that the programme was one of those one-off documentary type programmes regarding e.g Roswell etc (I was seriously into supernatural stuff back then.) As far as I remember I was hooked from that moment. And it really did see me through my teenage years, and helped keep me from being too alienated ~ everyone loved the series; whether it was the chemistry between the characters, the ghoulies, or th econspiracies ~ there was something for everyone and they were blended very well. I was at Uni by the .. seventh series and as a result couldn't watch it as religiously as I used to (honestly you wouldn't believe the rituals I went through to ensure I would be comfortable and undisturbed for 45 minutes...) X-files was what got me using the internet more reguarly as I read the episode reviews. I have the last three series on tape, and series one (bought for me) and will alwasy have fond memories of the X-files, but by the last series I was growing out of it (but my collecting of Pratchett books was seriously increasing...)

heyzeus321I wrote
I like the episode in which time starts over and over again after Mulder and Scully die in a Bombing. I like how it got rid of the whole waterbed situation in his apartment, just like that.

Hey, i remember that :D and they repeatedly walk into the Bank, trying to do things right... and, like McMurphy, 'Bad Blood' is one of my fav episodes too ~ thats the one where Scully wearily weighs the dead matter ain't it? Wishing for a pizza? And the vibrating bed :D Another episode I like is the evil doll one ... Scully's on vacation, and a fisherman dredges up this gremlin doll, which just wants to have fun ... meanwhile Mulder is busy sharpening pencils .... :D And the one with the guy writing their story ~ right next to Mulders flat ...
There's a few of the earlier episodes that I remeber too, but I don't really wanna talk about them as my memory will probably show me up :eek:

One of the greatest TV shows ever all the way through the end. I liked the episodes that didn't have to do with the conspiracy the best. The Movie was awesome too, can't wait for the sequel.

I've always been a fan of the X-files. I used to watch it religiously! Concerning the lesser quality of later seasons: I think the first five seasons were the best, after that they moved the series from Canada (Vancouver, I think...) to Hollywood. The atmosphere of the X-files was always dark and gloomy, in Canada that's easier to realise than in sunny California.

The main reason, IMHO, for the lesser quality of season 6-9 is that I had the feeling they didn't know when to stop. Season 6 would be the last season, but then Duchovny and Anderson signed for season 7, so storylines had to be rewritten, etc. The main storyline of the later seasons seemed so artificial... they stretched the story, had to think of new storylines, which gave me the feeling it was more of the same. Also, the mystery was more or less gone. There were already so many answers on the whole 'mythology' storyline (e.g. Cigarette Smoking Man, aliens, Scully's abduction, etc.), my curiosity faded.
Still, I would like to have the whole DVD-series. Even when season 6-9 were not the same quality of the first five seasons, it's good quality compared to other television shows.