sci-fi/fantasy book/trilogy??

blinddeath

Hi, i heard a guy talking with some friends in a queue at a cashpoint about a book/trilogy, which sounded interesting, but i did not pickup enough information to find the book(s) online. here are some of the only few things i can actually remember, but i thought if anyone might know, someone here might be able to recognise what i might be talking about.
  • i swear the guy said it was called 'possession world' or something, but i cant find anything online of this name.
  • a messed up world, where demons and parasites try to steal peoples souls and can linger inside unknown.
  • parasites/demons breaking/trying to break through from other dimensions into the main world.
  • the ocean also contains them, like ghosts, which do the same thing.
  • a celestial sky.
  • no sun/moon.
  • if someone dies in this book, the demons/parasites break through from their dimension in order to devour or use the body for the main world.
Thats about all i can remember, but the guy went into great detail that caught my attention for a long while. the above info may not be very accurate, but i hope someone will recognise or find something familiar.
Thankyou

Welcome to the forum mate! Raymond E Feist has demons similar to what you described in his Midkemia series, but I don't think it is what you are looking for. Sorry.

Peter F Hamilton has a series called "The Nights Dawn Trilogy",where ghosts inhabit/invade human bodies,though these ghosts are mostly human(some famous-Al Capone for one).

Doubt it's what your looking for, but just in case....

hi blinddeath

there is a triology called Rai-Kirah by carol berg. it consists of the books transformation, revelation, and restoration.
there is a parallel dimension where the demons live. the main charackter is a 'soulwarrior' who fights the demons in the souls of the posessed people.

it could be the book you heard about. but i'm not sure. but it's worth to read it anyways.

Back