Review of Stargate: SG-1 Nineth Season

Whitestar

Well, I had a chance to see Stargate's nineth season opener and while the first few minutes were quite entertaining, the scene where Ben Browder's character is dogfighting the enemy on a snow climate looked like a total ripoff stolen from The Empire Strikes Back. For instance, like Luke Skywalker, his co-pilot was killed by an enemy blast and their ship was hit and crashed landed on the snow. What a copout. Then the story shifts to finding the lost sword of King Arthur. Oh please! That story has been done to death, some originality please. However, one plus is seeing both Browder and Claudia Black together again onscreen, except in this case, they're playing totally different characters and their chemistry is more matter-of-fact, as opposed to their work on Farscape. The writers made sure to not copy that and instead did a little tonque-in-cheek with Claudia and Michael Shanks.

Thoughts anyone?

Whitestar

claudia black..... mmmmmhmmmmmmmm

i'd need to see it first. thank god theres battlestar galactica

dreamwalker said:
claudia black..... mmmmmhmmmmmmmm

i'd need to see it first. thank god theres battlestar galactica

So far I think they've done a good job. It's always tough when you lose the main star of a show. They still have the rest of the season to go through so we'll see if the show remains entertaining.

I have been converted into a HUGE Stargate SG1 fan by my bf and I must say they are doing a good job of it!
Not too fond of Stargate Atlantis which is currently showing on channel 5 though... I am watching the series on Sky 1 on weelday night, must admit to not knowing which series it is... *blush*
Jack O'Neil is my fave charecter. Couldnt believe it when they got rid of General Hammond and put him in charge... thier wisest move ev
er? :D