Firebirds PB: An Anthology

Well, anthologies can be good and bad. It really depends on how the editor groups the stories, the authors and the actual stories themselves. Now, I've heard of these authors before but nothing really comes to mind. Does it have a synopsis of the three stories? I'd think that would be your best guide as to whether you'd enjoy it or not. The Legends compilations were very good, an interesting mix of stories and authors that seemed to meld well together. I can't think of any other good examples though.

I want to say that often this is done because the publisher believes that the three books couldn't sell well on their own, but that's just a personal thought.

There seems to be a little confusion here: the book in question is an anthology of short fiction by fifteen different authors, not just the three mentioned. I've seen it, but not read it.

Firebird is a relatively new imprint that mostly does classic YA reprints, but they've put together this anthology of original stories by some of their authors.

(Are you reading this, Alia?)

Perhaps of most interest to the folks around here, since his name comes up pretty often, is that one of the stories is by Garth Nix.

For more details, here's the Amazon link:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...104-2081522-3698366?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

dwndrgn said:
Well, anthologies can be good and bad. It really depends on how the editor groups the stories, the authors and the actual stories themselves. Now, I've heard of these authors before but nothing really comes to mind. Does it have a synopsis of the three stories? I'd think that would be your best guide as to whether you'd enjoy it or not. The Legends compilations were very good, an interesting mix of stories and authors that seemed to meld well together. I can't think of any other good examples though.
I couldn't agree more Dwndrgn even if I am wearing that stupid T Shirt.. :p

LB the quality of anthology can vary quite wildly and I'm not familiar with the one you reference there although Kelpie obviously knows of it.

However as noted I have both Legends I and II and they were very good IMO.. :cool: