Pura Candidate

Im wondering if you're upset with us for not revealing anything.

Curious... why would you say it's Hugh at this point in the book?

When I was were you are... I would've had said Stronghand despite the mating being off...

I have thought it was Hugh since the back end of the Burning Stone. However, part of me still thinks it could be Alain. The rest of the cast are simply not big enough to fulfill the role of pura. I understand your belief in Stronghand but he lacks sexuality.

The lack of sexuality is an issue for Stronghand, this is true.

We should have made this a poll. :)

I'm still very curious on why you settle for those two. In the other forum, Kate's forum, there was a huge debate about Hugh wasn't good enough to be it and Alain was too good to be it.

That is the decisive factor. Good versus bad. Hugh craves magical power and a woman to share in it. Sorgatini is almost Liath's equal. Alain no longer craves human company or acceptance. He is a prophet. Blah blah blah. I talk nonsense.

It is a question of equilibrium. The author needs to create balance. The whole world is afterall in pure chaos, so it natural that the story end with the world in some sort of balance. Sorganti can bring Hugh to heal, I am sure of it. Though I think Alain would heal her heart. I can only visualise Alain moving around like a hobo with his two dogs. Can Hugh learn Sorganti's power? I don't thinks so. The Quman feared her kind. I would not like either outcome in truth, and the more I think about it, the more I realise it does not matter.

To me, I didn't see it coming when the pura was named... how it came about surprised me, not who by that point in the story but how it came about.

Let me know if you think the same way after you read the story, Lace. :)

Alia said:
To me, I didn't see it coming when the pura was named... how it came about surprised me, not who by that point in the story but how it came about.

Let me know if you think the same way after you read the story, Lace. :)

That took me by surprised as well.I thought she meant someone else at first

Ah ladies.... This time tomorrow we can discuss this openly... and I may find some love for you. :)

I think I know much of what happens already though I am unsure on how it will unfold. In my dream I saw Sanglant dying at the hand of a Galla - though I have a sneaky feeling that Stronghand or Alain could save him yet. Stronghand is immune to magic as are his soldiers.... I saw Balwin and Hugh maimed but not killed. I saw Ivar die rescuing Hannah but I dont think this will happen. I saw Alain wandering with his two dogs - he is the new prophet, the new fisher of men. I saw Liath and Blessing joining the diamone kin. Theo will be regnant and will marry Villum's kid.... there was more....