Short story question.

Princess Ivy

Damsel in this dress
this is a short story be quite a well known author. i'm sure it's a well known story, but just can't remember the title.

man and his friends have a party. they discuss eutopia. he falls asleep and when he wakes he's in a 'perfect' society. everyone is equal, but as he walks around the town, he starts to notice strange things. the one that sticks most in my mind is that some people are missing body parts. he asks his guide, who tells him that these are people who are very tall, fat etc... parts are taken to equalise them. of course he wakees and finds it's a dream.

it's trully bugging me as to what it was.

95% sure it's a Robert Silverberg one but I can't place the title on it.

I've read quite a lot of Silverberg's stuff and doesn't sound like one of his.. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Then again my mind's become corrupted by too much weed of late LOL!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

i read it recently in an anthology of various writers which included bradbury, pratchett and others. i've read it before. i don't think it was silverberg. but it is a classic writer, and i'm pretty sure the story is well known.

y'know my memory jp. grrrr, that's why i can't remember the title. but i'm also sure i've seen it in other anthologies, and it tickled vague memories of high school comprehensions?

Back