Blast from the Past: Highlander

The Master™

Science fiction fantasy
"He is Duncan MacLeod... the Highlander. Born in 1592 in the highlands of Scotland, and he is still alive; he is Immortal.

For 400 years, he's been a warrior... a lover... a wanderer... constantly facing other Immortals in combat to the death. The winner takes his enemy's head -- and with it, his power.

I am a Watcher, part of a secret society of men and women who observe and record, but never interfere. We know the truth about Immortals - in the end, there can be only one. May it be Duncan MacLeod... the Highlander."

FUN FACTS: Rules of the Immortals:
(A) When Immortals fight, they fight one against one - no mortal or another Immortal may assist in a fight.
(B) No fighting may take place on Holy Ground. It is considered to be sanctuary and is a place where talks between enemies can occur safely.
(C) An Immortal can't strike another during the Quickening
(D) Immortals can't fight in public places in front of mortals
(E) In the end, there can only be one. (except new ones appear all the time!!!)

Theme Songs: "Princess of the Universe" & "Who Wants to Live Forever" by Queen

Cast:
Amanda Wyss
Role: Randi MacFarland (Season 1)
Peter Wingfield
Role: Adam Pierson/Methos (seasons 4-6)
Lisa Howard
Role: Anne Lindsey (season 3)
Jim Byrnes
Role: Joe Dawson (seasons 3-6)
Adrian Paul
Role: Duncan MacLeod
Alexandra Vandernoot
Role: Tessa (season 1)
Philip Akin
Role: Charlie DeSalvo (season 2)
Stan Kirsch
Role: Richie Ryan
Elizabeth Gracen
Role: Amanda
Valentine Pelka
Role: Kronos
Roger Daltrey
Role: Hugh
Peter Hudson
Role: Horton
David Robb
Role: Kalas
Michael Modo
Role: Maurice

this started well, with a visit from connor macleod, but got horribly silly in the middle, and the ending :TV movie, highlander endgame; was horrendus. my biggest problem with it was that it messed with the whole movie continuity. I had to watch it as separate.
great moments: rolland giff as a bad immortal. he was fantastic.

I enjoyed the series a great deal. I sometimes got annoyed with the Watchers, I mean who the heck kept them funded?

One of the fun bits were all of the flashbacks, seeing Duncan in his roles in the past.

I thought the casting of Roger Daltry to be not only unexpected, but inspired. He made a wonderful immortal.

I really didn't like the addition of Richie to the show but understand why the creators went there. The Raven was dull and uninteresting, at least in my view.

I don't really need to mention this but I have to; Adrian Paul = yummy!

tsk tsk, girls... treating men like pieces of meat!!! shame on you!!! ;)

The whole movie series/tv series threw it into a bad spiral...

They kept adding new immortals in the series... Which kinda stops there being "ONLY ONE"!!!

Whereas the first film showed that Connor MacLeod was the "ONLY ONE"!!! Then the second film made them all out to be aliens!!! HUH???

And the rest, well, I completely lost track!!

I watch it regularly when I'm ironing on a Sunday!!! :D

A Scotsman, playing an Egyptian, from the Court of Spain!!! That is the WORSE casting idea... ;)

And a Frenchman playing a Scot???

And an American playing a Russian!!!

Hmmmmm... ;)

The gerkin??? You been on the sauce??? ;)

Though I always enjoy sounding like Clancy Brown as The Kurgan... "Ramirez" in that deep growl!!! ;)

gerkin sweetie. i remember things by word association. after a while i only remeber the associted word. hence gerkin:)

I really enjoyed this show. Another one I caught in the middle. Still, I had a huge crush on Stan Kirsh and Peter Wingfield. Which only fueled my devotion to the show. LOL... The only thing I didn't care for was when they started making Amanda and MacLeod a couple. It just didn't work for me. The watchers started taking over in the end and it became a bit mundane. I wish they had more of them on, and I never did watch the spin-off.

spin off's of spin off's are usually disapointing, imhe, i trid to watch raven a cuple times, but was very disapointed.

Raven was rubbish...

And what is it with Peter Wingfield??? He should only have appeared once or twice then get beheaded... His acting was deplorable!! ;)

I enjoyed the series, too, at least at the beginning. Actually, how many immortals could be on the same planet ?

I didn't like the watchers, but I consider them as a necessary evil. After all, not all of them were bad.

And Master, I agree with dwndrgn and Ivy : "Adrian Paul = yummy" And I'm not ashamed at all. What you gonna do ?

Alexa said:
And Master, I agree with dwndrgn and Ivy : "Adrian Paul = yummy" And I'm not ashamed at all. What you gonna do ?

I weep... I thought there would be more taste in the group... Okay, I admit he "looks" good... But is a lousy actor and there ain't an awful lot else... Here is a BIO on him:

Adrian Paul Hewett's mother is Italian and his father British and he was born in London. He is well traveled and fluently speaks Italian, French, a little German and is currently learning Spanish, but he only reads in English. Upon turning 16, when most Brittish kids graduate highschool he opted to stay on 2 years for a higher education. In London he had a job selling windows door to door, needless to say that didn't last long. In '85 when he first came to the States he pursued a modeling and dance career. He was a choreographer, but has since changed his horizons. He hasn't any children and is divorced after a 6 year marrage to acterss/model Melinie Paul. The ex-Mrs. Paul can be seen in the Highlander episode Counterfiet Part 1. His hobbies include, golf, volley ball, reading, soccer, rugby and Martial Arts.

He has extensively studied martial arts for the last 14 years. 10 of which with Hung Gar Sefu (or "Master" in English) Vernon Reatta (Who played Manny of Kell's possy in Highlander: End Game and also was a Tong hitman in the Highlander episode "Revenge of the Sword"). Hungar is a Showlin baised form and is also called Choy La Fut. Adrian also has studied Tia Kwon Do, Kung Fu and boxing. For a few episodes of Highlander he studied Kali the art of stick fighting, but soon realized the arts of "Empty Hand" and the Sword where his forte. He has had extensive sword training in various aspects of the Japanese Katana and several other fencing styles. Many of these different styles where helped along by Bob Anderson (sword master for season 1 and 2 of Highlander) and Sword Master F. Braun McAsh or "F" as he is called by his friends. McAshworked for 4 years on Highladner: The Series and has been the sword master for many different films including Highlander End Game. Watch for him in the Ireland flashback scene.

Paul has an affinity for weapons and learning to successfully use them. He has a vast private collection of swords throughout his home.

During filming of Highlander:The Gathering the first episode of Highlander: The Series Paul met Christopher "Christov" Lambert (Highlander 1, 2, 3, 4 and Resurestion) Christov and Adrian hit it of at the very first second. This boyish yet brother like relationship shows threw on the screne creating somethign only Highfanlanders/Watchers (Highlander fans) can truly understand.

In 1998 Paul founded the PEACE fund (Protect Educate and Aid Children Everywhere) The PEACE Fund is very active and can be reached threw AP's official web sight at:

http://www.adrianpaul.net

This is the only fan sight sanctioned by Adrian Paul himself and contains tons of fascinating information about AP.

Notes: Adrian Paul has worked as a model, dancer, choreographer and has had a few roles in scattered tv appearances and movies. He had a small run in the play Bouncers. Paul directed several of the most famous episodes of Highlander: The Series and in "The Series" performed and helped choreograph his own fight and sword scenes, also much of his own stunt driving. Adrian prefers to perform most of his own stunts, but since an accident on the set of The Breed, where Adrian was performing a "wire action" stunt and was dropped on his head do to a language barrier with the Hungarian crew Adrian usually refrains from complicated wire work.

Don't weep, Master ! She's just teasing you. ;)

*bad, bad, Alexa. See what you've done?*

Attachments

• caty.bmp
    31.2 KB · Views: 516