Blast from the Past: Quantum Leap

there were meant to be two endings, one where he went home, one where he didn't
AND apparantly there is meant to be a new series of it, focusing on sam's daughter, and her attempts to bring him home. i liked the ones that fathered sammy joe, the three parter ones where her mother was always abotu to be hung! :)

Yeah, I've heard and seen reports about a follow up series, or at least a TV movie, but still nothing definate - The US SCI-FI channel was behind it all. Perhaps with Scott Bakula becoming free from Enterprise they are changing things to give him a bigger role. I can always hope, although I wonder if it did go ahead, would Dean Stockwell be available in some shape or form, seeing as he's playing Cylons...

It was always one of my favourite shows, and I've been re-enjoying it on DVD - despite the flaws in the UK DVD's...

Although I would never say it was my favoutite show, I still really rate the last episode. It took everything we knew about Quantum Leap, twisted it slightly, but it all still made sense (In context to the show).

No happy ending, no leap home, just Sam making a final sacrifice for his best friend...

That's the way I always saw it...

what flaws?

and i agree with the ending, i always hoped it would end in this way as it ends on a happy cliffhanger sorta thing

what flaws?

It's nothing too serious - just some of the Leap outs at the end of the episodes are wrong and don't match up with the next episode as poor old Sam leaps back to an earlier episode on the disk. On one disk I think he actually leaps into the same episode three times...

And not a flaw as such, but the US releases had a few bonus features included, while the UK's just had episodes...

This is one of my most cherished shows. It has some great eps, definitely the sort of show that is watchable over and over again...

"Theorizing that one could time travel within his own lifetime, Dr. Sam Beckett stepped into the Quantum Leap accelerator and Vanished...He woke to find himself trapped in the past, facing mirror images that were not his own and driven by an unknown force to change history for the better. His only guide on this journey is Al, an observer from his own time, who appears in the form of a hologram that only Sam can see and hear. And so Dr. Beckett finds himself leaping from life to life, striving to put right what once went wrong and hoping each time that his next leap will be the leap home."

Cast:
Scott Bakula
Role: Dr. Samuel "Sam" Beckett
Dean Stockwell
Role: Rear Admiral Albert "Al" Calavicci
Dennis Wolfberg
Role: Gooshie
We fans are disappointed that Scott and Dean aren't on this Sam needs to get home!!!

This is one of my most cherished shows. It has some great eps, definitely the sort of show that is watchable over and over again...
IAM so sad that nbc did this I'm staying loyal to Scott I sent a remark to nbc how upset IAM NOT watching it!!!

It was always one of my favourite shows, and I've been re-enjoying it on DVD - despite the flaws in the UK DVD's...

Although I would never say it was my favoutite show, I still really rate the last episode. It took everything we knew about Quantum Leap, twisted it slightly, but it all still made sense (In context to the show).

No happy ending, no leap home, just Sam making a final sacrifice for his best friend...

That's the way I always saw it...
I have bought it on DVd I grew up with this show it's the best show in the world!!!