Blast from the Past: Quantum Leap

The Master™

Science fiction fantasy
"Theorizing that one could time travel within his own lifetime, Dr. Sam Beckett stepped into the Quantum Leap accelerator and Vanished...He woke to find himself trapped in the past, facing mirror images that were not his own and driven by an unknown force to change history for the better. His only guide on this journey is Al, an observer from his own time, who appears in the form of a hologram that only Sam can see and hear. And so Dr. Beckett finds himself leaping from life to life, striving to put right what once went wrong and hoping each time that his next leap will be the leap home."

Cast:
Scott Bakula
Role: Dr. Samuel "Sam" Beckett
Dean Stockwell
Role: Rear Admiral Albert "Al" Calavicci
Dennis Wolfberg
Role: Gooshie

watching this show is one of my clearest memories from when i was younger... so have been a scifi person practically my whole life! i was totally in love with sam beckett and watched the show religiously. i still hold a special place for scott bakula (he is also in one of my favourite movies ... Life as a house) recently saw the dvd box set in the sale at hmv so im thinking i might have to but it soon:p

I recorded ALL the Quantum Leap episodes... My favourite episodes are The Leap Home Parts I & II...

Some of the special effects in the series were dubious, but a lot of the stories were A1!!!

Good show. I especially liked the ones where Sam ended up in women's bodies. But I have to confess that I mostly watched for Al, and how Sam was always having to try to talk to him without people thinking he was crazy.

I especially liked the ones where Sam ended up in women's bodies.
And he appeared to be a very hairy man in those dresses too!!!
It was a good show, dealt with a lot of different conflicts and controversial situations... I had to watch to see how he would get out or fix the problem that he was in... not always did it turn out the way I thought.

I loved this at the begining. especially little humor like the 'piggy suey' episode. but it got very preachy towards the end with sam being on a divine mission. gak. stopped watching.

would also like to note that this is why i never could watch enterprise. to me scott will always be sam beckett

Princess Ivy, join the club...I see the 'captain' and all I can think of is him in drag with a fruit hat on his head :D

Cool show

i love the last episode as it does add an eluring end to the whole concept of quantum leap. i also enjoyed the evil leaper episodes.

does ne1 else like the end 2 ql?

Yeah I was also a Quantum leap fan, I use to watch it while I was at secondary school. I enjoyed its humour mainly.

This is one of those series that I got into the second time around, for some reason one of my main memories is of the episode where Baluka played a disc jockey at a local radio station :confused:

i loved QL when i was at school, all those years ago. it was a class sci fi program. I preferred it towards the end of its run when it began to find an interesting new themes to explore (like the evil leapers) As with lots of good sci fi shows it was cancelled too soon :p

The episode that stands out most in my mind is the one with stephen king in it.

right ir seems we have a forum were people dont discuss the plots that were brought up by other people within the thread.

This is one of those series that I got into the second time around, for some reason one of my main memories is of the episode where Baluka played a disc jockey at a local radio station :confused:

With the mum from Home Improvement as the love interest/radio station owner. I remember this one well too!

It was always one of my favourite shows, and I've been re-enjoying it on DVD - despite the flaws in the UK DVD's...

Although I would never say it was my favoutite show, I still really rate the last episode. It took everything we knew about Quantum Leap, twisted it slightly, but it all still made sense (In context to the show).

No happy ending, no leap home, just Sam making a final sacrifice for his best friend...

That's the way I always saw it...