Blast from the Past: Quantum Leap

the_faery_queen

there were meant to be two endings, one where he went home, one where he didn't
AND apparantly there is meant to be a new series of it, focusing on sam's daughter, and her attempts to bring him home. i liked the ones that fathered sammy joe, the three parter ones where her mother was always abotu to be hung! :)

Perpetual Man

Tim James
Supporter
Yeah, I've heard and seen reports about a follow up series, or at least a TV movie, but still nothing definate - The US SCI-FI channel was behind it all. Perhaps with Scott Bakula becoming free from Enterprise they are changing things to give him a bigger role. I can always hope, although I wonder if it did go ahead, would Dean Stockwell be available in some shape or form, seeing as he's playing Cylons...

The Upright Man

Science fiction fantasy
It was always one of my favourite shows, and I've been re-enjoying it on DVD - despite the flaws in the UK DVD's...

Although I would never say it was my favoutite show, I still really rate the last episode. It took everything we knew about Quantum Leap, twisted it slightly, but it all still made sense (In context to the show).

No happy ending, no leap home, just Sam making a final sacrifice for his best friend...

That's the way I always saw it...
what flaws?

and i agree with the ending, i always hoped it would end in this way as it ends on a happy cliffhanger sorta thing

Perpetual Man

Tim James
Supporter
what flaws?
It's nothing too serious - just some of the Leap outs at the end of the episodes are wrong and don't match up with the next episode as poor old Sam leaps back to an earlier episode on the disk. On one disk I think he actually leaps into the same episode three times...

And not a flaw as such, but the US releases had a few bonus features included, while the UK's just had episodes...

jenna

smiling politely
This is one of my most cherished shows. It has some great eps, definitely the sort of show that is watchable over and over again...