Broken Poll

• Broken Poll

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Broken Poll

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
***Update***Update***Update***

Two recent updates* re: V

Half the fun is the way this guy presents it...

Have some amazing news for those of you who remember NBC's sci-fi epic franchise "V". Well, it turns out that the franchise is going to get even bigger (as early as 2006!) Ken Johnson, who did special effects and soundwork o­n ID4, Fargo, as well as the original V, has stated that NBC has greenLit a six hour sequel to the immensely popular classic epic (remember the ratings, it killed Dynasty and Knots landing!) So, now a script is being redrafted and reworked to perfection and the budget is in the ball park of over 100 million. It is going to be the most expensive and effects-packed mini series in the NBC roster to date (here's hoping it truly rocks).

Now for the best part of the news, returning are Marc Singer and Faye Grant to reprise their roles as the legendary resistance leaders... and wait for it... queen of the bada** [edited for ascifi.com] leaders herself... Jane Badler reprising her role as Diana! No word o­n whether Robert Englund is o­nboard or not, would be cool if he is. You can find some updates o­n Llana's V website (seems to have the inside scoop from all major character celebs including frequent contact with Jane Badler) but nothing new other than what I posted. So I'll keep ya's posted as soon as I hear it.

NBC raises a "V" for victory- More fantastic news!!!
Sunday, May 23, 2004
...V will o­nce again be an enormous event for old fans, as well as new o­nes (it will give them the incentive to rent or buy the original fantastic series if they havn't seen it). On with the news: "V The Second Generation" as it will officially be called, will begin promotion with an article in the June 14th issue of TV Guide.

Kenneth Johnson is helming the project as writer (who wrote the original series), director and overseeing special effects and music(sounds like a busy guy!) and Rob lee will executive produce. V will be a Warner Bros. production. IT ALL GETS BETTER!!! ROBERT ENGUND HAS CONFIRMED HIS INVOLVEMENT WITH NEW V SERIES!!! Mr. Engund confirmed his reprisal o­n "V The New Generation" at the Collector Maniac Fair in Milton Keynes U.K. Said he is "really excited that Kenneth is putting life back into a series that ended too soon" he said "just waiting for the paperwork to arrive so I can sign o­n.

SPOILER ALERT!!!
(But read it anyways, cuz it's so frickin' cool!!).
The new series will begin 20 years after the events of "Final Battle" and delve deeper into the ominous alien race's past, and possibly thier future. Says Kenneth, "For years I've had the passion to dig even deeper into the Sirian Regime and now I have the chance. The reptiles are deeply entrenched into all aspects of Earth life and have turned much of the human race into empassioned followers. The ships that were destroyed in "Final Battle" were replaced with more mother ship's entering the Earth's system, we just didn't show you! we don't show you the 100+ ships that eventually arrive. There is a clue in a couple of the last TV episodes were Charles, the Supreme Commander basically says that Earth will be a fitting homeworld, and that more fleets are o­n schedule". Kenneth also says, "The resistance is fighting a loosing battle with the dominant alien military, but suddenly, in the midst of this chaos, Earth gains a powerful, mysterious new ally, but I can't tell ya who or what it is!"

Whew!!! If that doesn't get your sci-fi heart pounding, than I'm terribly sorry to inform you, YOU MUST BE DEAD!!! :))

*thanks to Bloodyquill

Thanks for the update Athena293. Is definitely great news that Robert will be part of it, all all the others of course. It looks is going to be awesome. :p

Krystal :rain:

V

I'm just wondering if there are any out there that remember this from the 80s. I've just bought 'V The Miniseries'((2 episodes), 'V The Final Battle' (3 episodes) and 'V The Complete TV series'.

When it was shown in the UK, it was consgned to the graveyard slot and I never got to see it all (what I saw, I enjoyed). So I'm going to spend the next few weeks watching every episode.

My question is: have I got everything? Is there any more that I need before I pop a bottle of Burgundy and waste my life in front of the TV? I really don't want to start and then find I've got a bit missing from the V puzzle.

Any help would be much appreciated....*hic*
Maybe I've been a bit premature with the Burgundy :D

Re: V

I just wanted to say that I loved that series when it was on! It was a lot of fun to watch. I'm no expert, and it's been a while since I've seen it, but it sounds like you have everything you need...I hope you enjoy.:D

I couldn't resist and I've watched the first installment. The DVD is excellent quality and this series is just as good now as it was way back then. :D

Thanks Foxbat, I bought one of the DVD's a while ago, and have just purchased the second. Only to find out that it was the first, in a different title...
But with the title of the second, well, I've already e-mailed amazon to arrange the swop!!!

You forgot some snack items like live mice, and whatnot :D

I loved V when it came out and the US networks re-played it for several years so I got to watch it over again and again. I can still quote some of it :p

dwndrgn said:
You forgot some snack items like live mice, and whatnot :D

I loved V when it came out and the US networks re-played it for several years so I got to watch it over again and again. I can still quote some of it :p
Love that scene when Jane Badler dislocates her jaw and eats the guinea pig!!!

I said:
I remember seeing something of V - Robert Englund in a cute role!
He was the vegetirian fifth columnist who was posted to LA instead of Arabia by mistake.:D
Even the alien beaurocracy can screw up on occasion

Foxbat said:
My question is: have I got everything?
Yeah thats the lot I think, though I wasnt even aware that the complete TV series was even out on DVD. I have the original miniseries and The Final Battle, I'll have to look into getting the 19 TV series episodes when the funds are there to do so. Did it come in a nice boxset? It may be region 1 only, in which case I'll import it. ;)

It's Region 1 only Bigmac (so far at least). It came as one of those 3 disc gatefold thingys. It cost me £22.99 from play.com but I got caught (again!) by customs and had to fork out another £8 (£4 VAT and £4 for handling).

I've watched all the miniseries and it was excellent. I've never seen the TV series before so I'm looking forward to it :)

I've seen the TV series on Amazon, so am assuming that is OK for the UK market. Apparently they are bringing the second season out on DVD next year. To the best of my knowledge this has not been released on DVD or Video before.
Also, I have heard of an updated series being made, using the same characters, but appart from my initail notification, I have not been able to find any info. If anyone has, I'd be please to see it.

Foxbat said:
I'm just wondering if there are any out there that remember this from the 80s. I've just bought 'V The Miniseries'((2 episodes), 'V The Final Battle' (3 episodes) and 'V The Complete TV series'.

My question is: have I got everything? Is there any more that I need before I pop a bottle of Burgundy and waste my life in front of the TV? I really don't want to start and then find I've got a bit missing from the V puzzle.
:D
Hi Foxbat. Yes, you have the entire V saga. However, the tv series is not as good as the original miniseries or the second miniseries. The original miniseries had everything: political intrigue, conspiracy, humor, love and suspense. The tv show strayed from all that and placed more emphasis on action and soap opera storylines. Plus, it kept viewers tuned in to see what kind of animal Diana was eating in the next episode. Still, it had some good moments too. It was at times engaging and heartfelt.

As you may or may not know, V creator Kenneth Johnson is currently writing a sequel to the original miniseries. It's entitled, "V: The Second Generation". It takes place 20 years later, where the Vistors are converting humans into followers and the resistance is fighting a losing battle, when they suddenly receive a mysterious and powerful ally to combat the Visitors. This new and upcoming miniseries completely ignores The Final Battle and the tv series, which is quite understandably because Kenneth Johnson was not involved in those projects. He had something entirely different in mind with the producers and that's why he left due to creative differences. Now NBC has given him the greenlight to write a continuation from the original miniseries. Johnson has stated that if it is successful, more miniseries will follow. One thing is certain, anything written by Johnson will be great. This will be an instant hit, rest assured!

Whitestar

Thanks for the info Whitestar. I had no idea they were producing a 'next generation' series. Fingers crossed for a work as good as the original miniseries :)

Very interesting! I hope this works out well. I loved the original series.