Book Hauls!

I was looking through Neal Asher's books on Ebay as I wanted to go back and get his Transformation Trilogy in Hardback. I thought, why not go back for other favourite books in Hardback. (I have a few gaps in some trilogies to fill as well.)

I ended up getting Greg Bear's "The Forge of God" (£5.45 with only a slight yellowing of the pages ) and "The Anvil of Stars" (£30 but this appears to be some kind of Legends book club version).

Greg Bear The Forge of God.jpg Greg Bear The Anvil of Stars.jpg

I am also pleased to say that I won a Hardback edition of Iain M. Banks "The Player of Games". This was a little more expensive at£50. Still, it's my single favourite novel, so this is an exciting addition to my shelves. I've never seen this cover before, either.

Iain M. Banks The Player of Games.jpg Iain M. Banks The Player of Games Back.jpg Iain M. Banks The Player of Games Spine.jpg

The seller said that it was a first edition too, but I'm not sure how to check.

Iain M. Banks The Player of Games ISBN.jpg

I told my Philadelphia book-giving friend that I'd read Lois McMaster Bujold's Shards of Honor at last and was definitely up for more sf by her if he had spares on hand. Tess wandered over to get her picture with the LMB goodies that arrived today:
bujold.JPG

My hardcover copy of Timothy Zahn's Thrawn: Treason just arrived.

Long before Joyce Carol Oates, Faulkner was a literary writer who appeared in Ellery Queen's Mystery Magazine. Just to note, Dask, Gavin Stevens also figures large in Intruder in the Dust, which presents itself as a mystery novel. Faulkner was a reader of mysteries and a drinking buddy of Dashiell Hammett at times -- reportedly once coming to blows over Thomas Mann's Magic Mountain. The plot of Intruder... prefigures To Kill a Mockingbird by about a decade.

Victoria: Well, now I have another movie to hunt down.

Randy M.