Book Hauls!

88CAFE26-7D44-4EAE-A4DC-FB0E850BD32D.jpeg

Behold! Every box in this picture is full of my books. That’s a lot of freaking books, dude.

Aside from a few I’m taking with me, along with my SFF collection. These are going in storage temporarily until I have my own apartment. I’m going to be bumming it through AirBnB’s for a little bit, sorta scary.

Lovely. Are you looking to get them on the shelves?

I must confess that one of the things I love about my kindle is the reduction in read books just left on shelves. I only buy physical copies of books that i have really enjoyed.

A vintage book mooch today, found in Morrison's supermarket of all places, on a charity stall. No date inside this one, and I've not heard of the publisher Richard Edward King. I wonder if it is part of a Dickens set. There is gold blocking on the top of the pages.
IMG20220303135541-01_copy_1024x1331.jpeg

IMG20220303135554-01_copy_1024x861.jpeg

Lovely. Are you looking to get them on the shelves?

I must confess that one of the things I love about my kindle is the reduction in read books just left on shelves. I only buy physical copies of books that i have really enjoyed.
That’s a good idea, but I am very attached to certain of my read books. Might read them again when I’m old and stoned and moribund.

As for a lot of the junk in them that doesn’t even appeal to me, looking to donate those. My little village that I’ve been in for 3 years doesn’t have any resources for donations and not a single bookstore!

You can imagine my relief to be moving to where there is a Bookman’s and a Barnes & Noble.

Dask, I believe your Avon paperback of All Hallows' Eve contains an interesting introduction by T. S. Eliot (as well as a misplaced apostrophe on the cover...). What I have is the Noonday Press trade paperback.
1646753045619.png
Image from internet

Yes, the introduction by T.S. Eliot is there. He also puts the apostrophe in its proper place when he mentions the title. (How can you trust an editor who can’t rein in his apostrophes?) This edition also has the rather oddball cover price of $1.45, reminiscent of those strange $1.65 paperbacks Ballantine put out around 1974.

Dask, now you can keep an eye open for the Avon companion volume. The intro in this one is by William Gresham.

1646765254879.png

Cavan Scott's Star Wars High Republic: Tempest Runner which turned out to be the script for an audio book of the same name. Disappointing, but i thought the cover art was great.

Temepst-Runner-Script-cover.jpg
I've said it before, i think. I've been collecting SW books since Heir to the Empire was released and at this point, 30 years on, i'm doing it out of habit than any passion.

As a writer, I think of Christie as an M. R. James equivalent for mystery; sometimes beneath the devious and even brutal stories there is a mischievous glee in creating same.