Book Hauls!

I read Adrian Tchaikovsky’s Shards of Earth at the tail end of last year and found it to be quite a gripping yarn, so I bought a signed hardback from Forbidden Planet.

1644052287032.jpeg
Some topical SF about vaccinations.
Tully Zetford was a pseudonym of Kenneth Bulmer.

Looks like i'm going to finish the Gaunts Ghosts saga as I've just downloaded the last two books in the series.

The Warmaster by Dan Abnett.

The Warmaster - Dan Abnett.jpg

Anarch

gaunts-ghosts-anarch-9781789990317_xlg.jpg

I have hardbacks of both on my bookshelves, but i find them impractical for the train.

As an aside, why is book cover art so difficult to download?

The cover of the March 1953 PM cover (with the rocket) looks like a Chesley Bonestell painting.

We have a whole bunch of old issues of Popular Mechanics on several CD-ROM disks at home. I believe it's a complete collection from the start (1902!) to the 1990's. It's fun to flip through them very quickly looking for the weird stuff. (There's a long-running assumption that people are going to have personal airplanes or helicopters for daily commuting.)

Looks like i'm going to finish the Gaunts Ghosts saga as I've just downloaded the last two books in the series.

The Warmaster by Dan Abnett.

View attachment 86364

Anarch

View attachment 86365

I have hardbacks of both on my bookshelves, but i find them impractical for the train.

As an aside, why is book cover art so difficult to download?

I wish it were possible for Gaunt to met Cain. That would be fun.:)

Adrian Tchaikovsky's Warhammer 40, 000 book "Day of Ascension".

Day of Ascension.jpg

The Art of The Mandalorian Series 2.

I've obtained signed hardback Tor first editions of the first four volumes in Jeffrey A. Carver's Chaos Chronicles. I got them directly from the author - who's seems like a very nice fellow.
I'm now quickly re-reading the first volume, Neptune Crossing (which I read only a couple of years ago) as a prelude to reading the subsequent books in the series which will be new to me. Books five and six are recently published and still available in HB, so I'll be getting those from a regular bookseller.

1645423393781.jpeg

Ohh, nice addition to your collection, Bick.

Do you have a photo of your library?