Book Hauls!

Rodders

|-O-| (-O-) |-O-|
Supporter
Forbidden Planet just delivered my Rise of Skywalker novel and the Art of Rise of Skywalker, which I'll look forward to reading later this afternoon.

Don

Enjoy the cover art! This was one of the books in the 1968 list of sf that I included in one of my home-made magazines just before I his the teen years. I'd forgotten that I'd read it till I saw the list recently. Even then the title seemed juvenile to me, but I liked the novel very much...

The cat is Tess, whom we reckon turns 2 years old this month. She was born to a "barn cat" -- more precisely, a cat living in a shed with an open side, where odds and ends of farm-type equipment were stored.
That cover brings back memories of the first science fiction read by me back in elementary school. Honey Bee sends her warmest regards to Tess.

Victoria Silverwolf

Vegetarian Werewolf
There's a place in Chattanooga called McKay's that buys and sells books and other media. I took a bunch of books there to today, earning eighty-odd bucks and a couple of dollars of book credit. While browsing, waiting for my reward, wearing a cloth mask as requested (many people did not) and following the arrows directing traffic in one direction in each row between shelves (many people did not) I picked up these cheap paperbacks:

Hercules, My Shipmate (1944) by Robert Graves (AKA The Golden Fleece)

Double, Double (1969) by John Brunner

The Mind Master (1981) by James Gunn (AKA The Dreamers)

Pacific Edge (1990) by Kim Stanley Robinson

Forever Peace (1997) by Joe Haldeman

Rodders

|-O-| (-O-) |-O-|
Supporter
I downloaded a couple of books by Walter Jon Williams set in the Praxis universe.

Investments
Impersonations.

Randy M.

Besides a couple of thrillers that look enjoyable, I picked up Medusa's Daughters ed. by Theodora Goss. This is an anthology of late Victorian Gothic by women. It includes a few chestnuts like Charlotte Perkins Gilman's "The Yellow Wallpaper", E. Nesbit's "Man-Size in Marble" and Mary Wilkins Freeman's "Luella Miller" but also lesser known works and writers like May Kendall, Dora Sigerson Shorter, Charlotte Mew and others I've never heard of.