Book Hauls!

Elckerlyc

Achieved Score: "None Correct"
I downloaded a few books last night.

Ancillary Justice, Ancillary Sword, Ancillary Mercy and Provenance by Ann Leckie. These have been on my to read pile for a while and I made a commitment to reading more SF by female authors in 2020.

Shift and Dust to finish off Hugh Howey’s Wool trilogy. I see that there are now several prequel novels in the series. Anyone think they’re worth getting.
I liked the Ancillary Trilogy and Provenance.
I have read quite a few novels the last few years by female authors that were new to me: N.K. Jemisin, Martha Wells, Catherynne M. Valente, Jo Walton, Rebecca Roanhorse, Ada Palmer. Malka Older, Nnedi Okorafor, Claire North, Mary Robinette Kowal. And I probably missed a few.
More than enough choice.

As for Hugh Howey; I had to struggle to finish his Wool books. No compulsion to read the rest.

Rodders

|-O-| (-O-) |-O-|
Supporter
I picked up a signed copy of Dan Abnett's collection of short stories set in the Warhammer 40k universe.

"Lord of the Dark Millennium" is a thick tome.

AE35Unit

]==[]===O °
3 very different books from a charity shop haul today.
I've always wanted to read some P. G. Wodehouse; have watched the TV series years ago.
I read some Ed McBain 87th precinct books years ago after my brother introduced me to the books.
And I like history. I've never heard of Simon Scarrow but for 50p you can't go wrong.

dask

dark and stormy knight
Nice find. Have you reading Bierce before, Dask?

Randy M.
Just a short story here and there. Saw it on the table on the way to a 3:00 matinee of Lugosi' s Dracula and told myself if it was still there on the way back I'd get it. Seemed too good to pass up.

Randy M.

Just a caution, for me Bierce can be a bit much if read one after the other. I think he's best when you take the occasional break and come back.

Randy M.

Matteo

I have that copy of Way Station. Is there an award for "most unrepresentative cover"?