TNG episode help

Glen C

Okay was enthralled with a TNG episode the other night. Just as we get to the final act, Mother rings, conflict resolved, Glen is faced with a screen full of credits and no idea what the ending was...So I'll outline the plot. Tell how the damn thing ends

Enterprise encounters energy source. Suddenly resolves to be Enterprise C - subtle changes occure about D only noticed by Woopee Goldberg and Worf fans lol

It seems The old Enterprise was engaged in a battle with 4 Romulan ships when it accidently slipped some 20 years into the future. All are faced with quandry of what to do with C - Brave square faced heros decide to go back to the battle regardless of the fact they will die

They are about to go when the captain of C is killed. After nashing of teeth the crew decide to go anyway. Just as they do....warbirds appear...all hell breaks loose...Phone rings...Glen is sending this email.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat happened next?????????

That episode was Yesterday's Enterprise.

The crew did go back, but with Tasha Yar as their tactical officer (Tasha re-appeared on Enterprise D as a result of the time paradox which brought the Enterprise C to the 'present' but also changed the 'present' argh! I hate time travel! ;) )

Tasha Yar decided that if she was going to die (in theory if they did send the Enterprise C back, she would vanish anyway as the timelines went back to normal), she would die helping the Enterprise C in their hopeless fight.

This also explained Tasha Yar's half-romulan daughter who appeared in an earlier episode. Next time tell your mother to ring back later :D

okay....so did they survive the battle...did they trash any romulans..answers answers lol

You never got to see the final battle with the Romulans (at least that's my recollection)
The Enterprise C fought the Romulans but were defeated.
When they surrendered, rather than killing them as tradition dictated, the Romulan commander was smitten by Tasha Yar's beauty and said he would imprison the survivors if she would marry him. He took her to Romulus (sp?) and that's how she had a Romulan child.

One thing I forgot though was that, as the Enterprise C went back through the rift, the Enterprise D was attacked by 3 Klingon warships (as, in the "new" timeline, they were at war with the Klingon Empire) and was on the verge of being destroyed when everything vanished and they were back on course as before they met the Enterprise C with everyone none the wiser.

See if you can catch it on TV again.
On cable in the UK at least, they have a dreadful habit of repeating episodes ad nauseum :)

Yesterday's Enterprise is one of the best episodes in TNG...

Later we see that Tasha Yar survived and Commander Sela is the offspring... And a nasty piece of work she is too... (Guess Denise Crosby wanted to do more baddie stuff... :D)

It is thought that the Enterprise C (Ambassador Class Starship) was destroyed in the battle they were returned to, but the Klingons saw their sacrifice as a great honour... :D

thanks heaps guys. Always thought TNG was at it's best when it played with these types of what if story lines - really let the script writters hit their straps

LOL - Obviously you can't go past that classic. One of things that always worried me with the orginal series was how strong some of the concepts were, but because of budget and other factors, they didn't quiet pull them off as well as they could.

I was around during the orginal run of the show - and it is funny to look back after all these years at the innocence and energy much of the series had about it. And at times how constrained they had to be to fit into exisiting prime time constraints. Also the fact that there was no Wesley equivilant helped as well

Glen