More about the fool and his kind

braddockery

Magician Of Stew
With Robin Hobb`s new series coming out I`m very excited. I was just wondering how many more people out there other than myself would like to see a new series about the people and places where the fool came from.

Amen! Would love to know more of the Fool, but I don't really know if I really wanna know, ya know? I kind of like the mysteriousness of an enigmatic character without a detailed past. How about a series (or just one book even) telling of the Fool's travels with the old Prophet?

Definately would like to know more about Fool and his people because I think at times Fool/Golden was the most interesting character in the series :D

MoonLover said:
It would be interesting to find out if the Fool was as unique to his own people as he was to the Six Dutchies folk.

Karen :)
That`s what I would like to know. The series would`nt have to feature The Fool. I would just enjoy a nice little story set in the place where The Fool came from.

I'm contrary, I'd rather some books where the Fool came back to talk to Fitz :D

But since I can't have that, I'd gladly read something like the one proposed

I would probably prefer the stories to have Fool in, as he/she is an interesting character :)

This would be the ultimate story for Robin to write next. I would love to read the entire tale of the Fool and how he came to be, but then again perhaps that is why we love that character so much. He is very mysterious and if the explanations came would he then seem less then we all percieve him now?

The way the author always kept some of the Fool's life a mystery is part of his character and charisma, but I'd still LOVE to read them! :)

Rahl

I kinda liked the other side of the Fool in the Liveship Traders. He gave us a performance of a great actor.

A story about his family and how he became the White Prophet should be very interesting.

Hi, new to the forum.
I have to agree with Amber. A continuation of the fitz & fool relationship would be great, though im not entirely sure i could read it. I mean, would going on with the story ruin it?

I second the continuation of Fitz and Fool relationship. In MPOV I don't think going on with the series would do it any harm.

That said, I feel that perhaps a prequel on Fool, or to many more details of his mysterious past, would be wrong. Keeping these mysteries will only add to his character.

Oh, I would love to read more about the fool, etc.! I have just been reading her books about Vandien and Ki, under her other name of Megan Lyndholm, and must say I enjoyed them, although not as much as the others. By the way, what new books??

Welcome stellarose
I see you have just added some 'more books to get' for my list!!:) I am pretty sure I have not read anything under her alternate name however.
As far as I know, the 'new books' were coming out some time after June this year! Perhaps a question to braddockery will reveal something. I'm as in the dark as you are concerning the 'new books'
By the way, have you visited the Introduction Thread yet? Of course you don't have to but it's a nice way to make yourself known and to get to know the other members of the Chronicles! (Hope you have a good sense of humour!) :D

I think I would like to find out more about how he can pass for either sex,also was he really the white prophet or just an oddity.We know that he was born into a normal family but was raised by some sort of priesthood? [not sure if I remember that bit corresctly] Finding out more of his up bringing or about the people who raised him woyld be intresting[remember the black man]

Just found this thread. I think it would definitely be interesting to see some of the Fool's background. Not TOO much, though. Don't want to ruin the mysterious air.:)

I want to know more about the Fool and his kind, but then as Talysia mentioned, the mysterious aspect of the Fool would be revealed, which has its pros and cons.

I just wanted Fitz and the Fool to have a proper parting....even if it is for the last time...

*wipes the tears away*

I adore the Fool, and I was rather dissapointed at the end of the Tawny Man that more of his past and whole mystery was not revealed, but when I thought about it I like the way he has remained an enigma. I think that is a lot of what was so captivating about his character.
Then again I would still love to learn more of him, his character has just such a complex and interesting personality it almost seems wrong not for his full story to be told. He did however tell Fitz that Fitz knew him better than any other person that breathes, and perhaps what we saw is only what we should see of his story. It would be interesting to learn more of his past but then it's likely I would miss his relationship with Fitz; they had such an incredible one. The ending to the Tawny Man was rather open concerning Fitz and the Fool though ie. Fitz himself said how there was much left unsaid between them, and in the memory stone the Fool gave to him it said "I was never wise", but before he had said it 'would' be wiser if he and Fitz never saw each other again ...
Robin Hobb has said that she does not think she will write about Fitz or the Fool again but if an idea that cannot be ignored comes up she will do so. Soooo you never know :)

I would like to read a book about a new white prophet with someone like swift or dutiful's child in it. The Fool was awsome but i think it would ruin the end storyline of Fool's Fate if he came back.

I would love if she wrote a book about the Fool, his past, his present, anything (more about the Whites?) although I would love it even more if she put Fitz in there somehow. I felt really dissatisfied with the ending of “Fool’s Fate.” After 6 books of their unique friendship and it ended like that . . . ? I don’t know.

Personally though as much as I love the Fool, I like him being a mystery. I would really REALLY like her to write a book about the Elderlings! Or anything pertaining to them. I read Hobbs short story “Homecoming” in the Legends II book, which just intrigued me on the subject of the Elderlings and Rain Wilds even more!

I do like trying to piece it together, and love how she leaves clues and hints about the Elderlings, dragons, and Rain Wilds scattered throughout all three of her “Realm of the Elderlings” trilogies. Still, I want to know more! Its so interesting, probably some of my favorite material from her trilogies is related to those subjects.