Angel.....

Jock

Land Ahoy!
.... season finale..

Did anyone else (who are Angel fans) feel as if we were cheated to a really really crap ending? I mean cmon.. 5 seasons worth of DVDs for that ending... i thought seasons 4/5 were excellent.. but it seems to me that they just tacked on a really poor poor poor finish to it all.

are they ever gonna do a movie or something to finish it better? cause leaving it the way it is just sucks!!

Since David Boreanaz is going to be starring in a new series for Fox called Bones, I doubt he'll be making an appearance in anymore Angel... And it has been about a year since the end of the last season... I think it came to an end... With a whimper and not a bang... :D

Beside Joss Whedon better be busy scripting his comics, Astonishing X-Men is once again late this month. GRRR
About comics, what do you fans of the serie think of the Angel and Spike comics ?

but it seems to me that they just tacked on a really poor poor poor finish to it all.
That's because Whedon had another season planned but was told to wrap it up. He was pretty upset about it, but he didn't have much of a choice. The final episode was a quick fix.

Poor Joss... Angel falls through, Firefly falls through... Didn't have a lot of luck in that year!!!

But has Serenity out this year to make up for it - hopefully!!!

Tsujigiri said:
What's Serenity?
Whedon is maikng a film out of firefly with all the original players from the series.
If the film does well ... who knows? Maybe firefly will be resurected.

*prays to god*

You are missing a treat... If you enjoy comedic sci-fi with a difference, then you'll enjoy Firefly...

"Firefly is set five hundred years from today in a new planetary system after humanity abandons "Earth That Was". Under the leadership of Malcolm Reynolds, a renegade who fought against the new unified central government (the "Alliance"), the crew of the Firefly-class vessel Serenity struggles to survive any way they can. They fly between the border planets to keep away from the Alliance and below its radar. This series was described as a "science fiction western" but is different from other space-based shows as it features no aliens."

From TV Tome: http://www.tv.com/firefly/show/7097/summary.html&full_summary=1

As far as I know there are no plans to do anything else with it; the cancellation was sort of sudden, and Joss Whedon was faced with something like 4-5 episodes to wrap up from what he planned as an arc stretching into the next season. I agree, the finale really sucks as an ending to the series, but I have to think this is the fault of the network more than the producers/writers.

Who knows... if Serenity does well, maybe the "Powers That Be" (as in, network and Hollywood execs) will start looking seriously at Joss's work again? I doubt we'll see a new season added on to either Firefly or Angel, but I do think films/TV movies are a really possibility to continue the stories.

I think what adjecon said is 100% correct.

If I remember right, Whedon was told to wrap Angel up in X number of episodes. Thus he was forced to compress a season or more of resolutions into a few episodes. It was sad too because I really enjoyed the show.

I LOVED Firefly also. In my opinion its worth the cost of picking up the DVD's. The only caveat is the sadness you will feel over its untimely demise.

I would love to see Whedon come back to television. Im hoping with the success of a show like Lost there will be a renewed interest in atypical genre series on network primetime.

Having read some blurb left by Joss Whedon on a Firefly/Serenity forum, he believes that if Serenity does well, they will renew the Firefly series... Watch and wait...

Oh, and go see the movie... And buy the DVD's!!! ;)

The way it went out was very disapointing. It left open ends (which I think they did hoping it would be revised somehow or at least given the opportunity to go out better than it did) and didn't really solve anything in the end. A movie would be a possability, but I have a feeling it will take a lot to get it to the big screen. Even if a script is worthy, getting a studio to produce it will take some major work. They seldom do that which it was interesting to see that the show "Firefly" was made into a big screen edition having little air play as it did. Perhaps if "Serenity" does well, maybe we will see "Angel" in theaters. Which would be nice. I watched the show like many from the beginning and was very irritated that Joss was pretty much forced to end this series as he did.

I was very upset at the way they ended Angel. I was already feeling lost after Buffy ended, though they did resolve that well I thought, but Angel finishing was a big blow. Killing off Fred with no warning , close after killing Cordy was awful and the fact her soul was totally destroyed as well was really sad. Then knocking off Wesley was terrible. All throughout both series there was a big deal about the sanshu prophecy and Angel signs a contract to nullify it and with it his chances of ever being human again and being with Buffy was pathetic. And at the total end when all the wolf, ram and harts trenchmen come to kill them was really half baked and not worthy of the years we fans have put into the series, it was a huge disapointment. If Joss was told to wrap it up, I now understand the betrayal but that doesn't make it any less annoying.
On a lighter note I am pretty sure that James Marsters is doing a Spike movie with Joss.
We Aussies didn't really get to see Firefly, it was buried in a late timeslot and then it was pulled.

Yeah but it's on DVD over here now, my friend has the first season. I've only seen serenity so far, but I enjoyed that enough. Buffy will forever remain my favourite. Angel was good at times, but never quite the same. I was hooked on Buffy, and it could consistantly have me in stitches. I still havn't seen much of the last season of Angel, and I must admit I'm not really interested. I'd rather keep my memories of the good bits than persist and feel frustrated with the last season.

* trying to calm down my sister*

she is a huge fan of David Boreanaz... didn't know this thread was about angel, the series. She might drop by once to check this out..

i can kinda understand why some of you might feel "betrayed" by the ending of Angel. i was in total shock when it just ended where it did, but once that wore off i thought it was a great ending. if you expected Joss to just wrap it all up in a neat little package, i don't think you understand him very well! i know there were talks of an Angel tele-movie or something similar, but god knows what's happening there...

interestingly, i've read that the season 5 we saw was pretty much exactly how it was planned before they found out there would be no season 6, and that the intention for season 6 was for them to be carrying on in a post-apocalyptic setting. that kills me. i'm obsessed with the apocalypse and post-apocalyptic worlds, so thinking of how bloody brilliant s6 could have been makes me want to cry...

i kinda dig the solo show, but i enjoyed more when angel was on buffy.