What floats your sci fi boat?

Rane Longfox

Red Rane
Yeah, some of his stuff is a bit sub-standard. You need to know which ones to read, and in the right order...

Rosemary

The Wicked Sword Maiden
I thought the TV series 'V' was terrific. Still waiting for a re-run.

Sci Fi Book would have to be Dune.

Don't get to the movies I'm afraid.

BAYLOR

There Are Always new Things to Learn.
Under tv series Babylon 5 but in this I have more choices beyond

Under books too many count. :cool:

Rodders

|-O-| (-O-) |-O-|
Supporter
Books; the Culture series by Iain M. Banks, but especially The Player of Games. Other favourites include Revalation Space by Alistair Reynolds, The Stand and IT by Stephen King, The Forge of God by Greg Bear, Weaveworld by Clive Barker and Dogs of Wars by Adrian Tchaikovsky

TV. Babylon 5 is my favourite Science Fiction experience and I’m hoping for a re-watch once the Blu-Ray edition hits my grubby little hands, Farscape as second for me. Weird and brilliant.

Disney Star Wars is now dead to me, but the original trilogy is still right up there. The Empire Strikes Back is my favourite of the three. I’ve been a lifelong collector of merchandise, most recently focusing on the Millennium Falcon. Many think it’s all the same thing and just don’t get it but I’m enjoying the nuances of focus collecting.

Other favourites are John Carpenter’s The Thing, Blade Runner and Blade Runner 2049, Terminator 1 and 2. The list goes on, but these always come first.

I’m getting back into 2000AD. Great stories from my youth, which I am thoroughly enjoying. I never really got the Marvel, DC thing and I hope that these stories find popularity. favourites are Judge a Dredd, Strontium Dog, Ro-Busters, ABC Warriors, Bad Company, Halo Jones and DR and Quinch. The list goes on. Really wonderful Stuff.

I’m also into Warhammer 40000. I love the lore, but have never played a single game of this iconic rpg, and I’d love to try. The books are very enjoyable, with my favourites being The Gaunts Ghosts series by Dan Abnett. Just brilliant.

My favourite Sci-Fi toys were the Dinky Eagles (still my favourite Christmas memory and I’d love to go back and collect the Sixteen12 Eagles), Star Wars toys I collected in my youth, Lego and my Star Bird toys from Milton Bradley. I had a truly wonderful childhood.

The Empire Strikes Back by John Williams is my favourite movie soundtrack.

I also want to bring up games, which I think are a wonderful source of Science Fiction ideas and settings. The Half Life series were genius, but I think the best story has to be Horizon Zero Dawn and it’s Faro Plague. Awesome stuff. My favourite game. (At least by the measure of the most time spent on it ), is Days Gone, (a quasi Zombi survival game set in an open world. I think that should count as science fiction

Last edited:

AnRoinnUltra

Cé scéal tuthóg?
Supporter
Good stuff @BAYLOR , and thanks for reminding me of Plan 4 in another thread. Remember it vaguely but remember the impact it had clearly -great fun ...ants, something to do with radio signals, and hollowing out humans via the palm of their hands. Blew our minds at the time :ROFLMAO:

BAYLOR

Good stuff @BAYLOR , and thanks for reminding me of Plan 4 in another thread. Remember it vaguely but remember the impact it had clearly -great fun ...ants, something to do with radio signals, and hollowing out humans via the palm of their hands. Blew our minds at the time :ROFLMAO:

Phase IV . Very much an underrated science fiction film.:)

Guttersnipe

mortal ally
It's been a while since I've followed a sci-fi show, but I really liked Sliders and Roswell, for the adventure and the drama, respectively.

As far as novels go, I really like Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury and The Shrinking Man by Richard Matheson. Lots of character development and thrills. So I tend to choose sci-fi novels the way I'd choose any novel from any genre.

BAYLOR

One science fiction book that definily floats my boat Past Master by R A Lafferty.:cool: