What floats your sci fi boat?

zorcarepublic said:
Generally its a good idea to try and learn the locations of the main posters. I think TM comes from West Yorkshire, am I correct?

And you are from Somerset....

Lacedaemonian said:
He comes from Leeds. Did you want his full address? :)
FYI, this super-mod is also the main executive in our blackmail program. ;)
Be careful to what you post here. And never give too precise location

Angel Eyes said:
I liked V as well did you see the mini series too?no-one i know remembers it!
please note i have the mini series on dvd, and am simply waiting for some cashola to be able to afford the tv series. it was fantastic
i love most sci-fi fantasy stuff. my introduction was through things like the little white hore and five children and it. i can't pick a favorite. but i usualy like the B stuff:D

Favourites... Sheesh, where do I start???

TV - Star Trek (all series), Babylon 5, Crusade (Babylon 5 spin off), Outer Limits, Twilight Zone, Firefly, Andromeda, and many others that I can't remember at the moment...

Film - Star Wars, Star Trek (even the bad ones), Terminator, Predator, Aliens (Special Edition Only), Alien Resurrection, and many others that I can't remember at the moment...

Books - The Demolished Man by Alfred Bester, Forever War by Joe Haldeman (I'm currently reading Forever Peace and it ain't as good), Stainless Steel Rat and Bill the Galactic Hero by Harry Harrison (very funny)... There are many other that I've read by L E Modesitt Jnr, Larry Niven, and others that I've enjoyed, but none that immediately spring to mind... Will have to do a search through my library...

i know what you mean tm, it's like asking which your favorite vein is. they're all great, but i can't name each one specificly

Concept: Time travel, as anyone who has been around here very long already knows.:p

Movie: "The Day the Earth Stood Still", because it is the perfect science fiction film.

TV Series: "X-Files", which I maintain will be regarded in 30 years the way "Twilight Zone" is regarded today, espceially the first few seasons.

Book/Series: Kage Baker's Company series, with my favorite volume so far being "Mendoza in Hollywood".

TV: Farscape, because john crichton is frelling hot!!!!!
Movie: pretty much anything not made in the new millenium
book: The Gunsliger, stephen king, I know not totally sci fi, but it kind of is, and it was one of the first books I remember reading. And of course, beloved Jane Yolen Dragons Blood series from back in the day, another of the first I remember ever reading.

Favorite Sci-fi authors... sheesh, tough.

Al Reynolds, Peter F. Hamilton, Neal Asher, Iain M. Banks. All awesome writers.

Film and TV wise, not much. The occasional Dune mini-series, and obviously Star Wars.

Princess Ivy said:
i know what you mean tm, it's like asking which your favorite vein is. they're all great, but i can't name each one specificly

My favorite vein is the one that pops out of my neck when I yell at the kids, because it scares them. LOL just kidding, well, kind of.

Back