So I have just got into Enterprise....

DanielFullard

...with watching the 'Chosen Realm' episode which I reaaly enjoyed. Given the rough time Enterprise seems to get I was expecting a poor ST show but instead I was gripped. 'Proving Ground' was watched straight after and now Im really into the series. If I enjoye the next few episodes I see as much as the first I shall be getting the DVd asap

I dont agree..

I think that several of the Characters are excellent and a few of the bad guys have been awesome too. I dont think its as polished as some of the other series but I do believe its entitled to its place in the ST universe. However it is by no means my favourite and I have no desire to argue with the people who hate it. But four seasons on and it has grown on me a little. I am probably biase though, as I was a huge Quantum Leap fan.:D

Jock said:
I think that several of the Characters are excellent and a few of the bad guys have been awesome too. I do believe its entitled to its place in the ST universe. I am probably biase though, as I was a huge Quantum Leap fan.

i agree it really is good not my fav but very high up there. and as with jock i am still a huge Quantem Leap fan so thats one of the reasons i like Archer so much. another reason its good is because of the fact that Archer is a good old kirk style Jaw breaker instead of the other more diplomatic starship capitans.

sorry guys, one of the reasons that i couldn't get into this (and i've said this before) is that i can't separate scott baculla from quantam leap. also the female characters are insipid or overly butch. and then we'll not mention the continuity problems that this show has cause, or the fact that it looks so much more sophisticated than any of the later shows:DI've never been able to watch this one. although i am interested to know how it ended...

Princess Ivy said:
sorry guys, one of the reasons that i couldn't get into this (and i've said this before) is that i can't separate scott baculla from quantam leap. also the female characters are insipid or overly butch. and then we'll not mention the continuity problems that this show has cause, or the fact that it looks so much more sophisticated than any of the later shows:DI've never been able to watch this one. although i am interested to know how it ended...

you must be joking about the continuity problem. STNG had continuity problems from episode to episode to episode.

i am telling you you want to see the mirror universe episodes form the 4th season, best stuff star trek any of them ever did.

Dont worry, you are not alone! I really liked Enterprise a lot. Im still scratching my head as to why everyone here has such a hard time with it. But, to each his own I guess.
Enjoy!!

My big gripe with 'Enterprise' is that they underused the the supporting cast, and made it 'the Capt. Jonathan Archer' show.

Far too much of the story, in nearly of the eps, centered on Archer, instead of trying to flesh out the rest of the crew.

Mayweather, the helmsman, was little more than a stuffed unform. Hoshi, the translator, was all-but-forgotten once the Universal Translator was invented.

There were bright points, though. They used a lot of races that were largely ignored after TOS.

The Andorians, Orion, and Tellarites were pivotal in the early days of the of Federation, but were scarcely mentioned in later series and films.

Hawkshaw_245 said:
My big gripe with 'Enterprise' is that they underused the the supporting cast, and made it 'the Capt. Jonathan Archer' show.

Yes I would agree with that very much. Maybe the intention was to feel more like TOS - but I think it was a mistake. As you say Hoshi and the Mayweather were underused in particular.

Not a huge fan of all this temporal stuff either - featured heavily in the first couple of seasons.

Still, count me in as an Enterprise fan - I enjoyed it all the same.

SteveR

I enjoyed it more toward the end, when things became darker and Archer became more volatile.

Agreed. I really enjoyed series 3 that was a single plot line. The one where the alliance of 4 aliens decided to take ou earth - but again if I recall correctly weren't these events controlled by the bad temporal guys?