PC RPGs

Are based?

Well, all the D&D games, and KotoR. I'm not sure how many more borrow the d20 system... i'll do a search though for you :p

Like my new avatar? I just made it today in class..lol

Thanks. I know I 've been gone awhile, but i just moved out of home and have high speed, so you will be seeing me more.

And as to games other than D&D and KotoR, i couldn't find any.. i'll give it another check becuase i wouldn't mind knowing myself :p

if you want a good source for all the d&d games, pick up this month of PC Gamer, depending where you're from. But it's d&d's 30 year anniverary and pc gamer has a whole section dedicated to it. it has a complete list of all the games and some previews of the some of the newer ones that are in development, like BG3 (!!!!!!!!:D !!!!!!!) and NWN2. hehe.. i'm all giddy with excitment.

Some good reccommendations there guys, I'll certainly follow them up, thanks.

the old ones are the best and chances are you can find them online for free. If you want a MMORPG, i'd suggest runscape or tibia(both free :p). both really good. for a adventure/rpg ZORK! it's all text based but really good. the only prob with the older games is if your running xp a lot of them are not compatiable because xp runs a crappy DOS version. its not even the real DOS, its a few notches down, so it basically allowes you just to do the basic functions.

also i found my pc gamer.

D&D:
1988-
Pool of Radiance
Heroes of the Lance

1989-
Curse of the Azure Bonds
Hillsfar
Dragon of Flame

1990-
Secert of the Silver
Blades
Champions of Krynn
War of the Lance
Dragonstrike
Eye of the Beholder

1991-
Pools of Darkness
Gateway to the Savage Frontier
Death Knights of Krynn
Eye of the Beholder 2:The Legend of Darkmoon
Shadow Sorcerer
Neverwinter Nights

1992-
Treasures of the Savage Frontier
The Dark Queen of Krynn
Spelljammer

1993-
Dark Sun: Shattered Lands
Dungeon Hack
Eye of the Beholder 3
Fanrasy Empires
Stronghold
Unlimited Adventures

1994-
Al-Qadim:The Genies Curse
Dark Sun 2: Wake of the Ravanger
Menzoberranzan
Ravenloft:Strahd's Possession

1995-
Death Keep
Raveloft: Stone Prophet

1996-
Blood & Magic
Birthright: The Gorgon's Alliance

1997-
Iron & Blood: Warriors of Ravenloft

1998-
BG
Descent of Undermoutain

1999-
BG: Tales of the Sword Coast
Planscape:Torment

2000 (you should know these but... :D )
BG2:Shadows of Amn
Icewind Dale

2001-
Pool of Radiance:Ruins of Myth Drannor (I have this one...not really that good)
Icewind Dale:Heart of Winter
BG2:Throne of Bhaal

2002-
Icewind Dale 2
Neverwinter Nights

2003-
NWN: Shadows of Undrenide
NWN:Hordes of the Underdark
The Temple of Elemental Evil:A Grayhawk Adventure

Soon to follow:
DragonShard
D&D Online

In develpment-
BG3
NWN2

There. Thats all the D&D games out there. Plus you can find a crap load of mods on the net to extend your playtime. And if you like D&D, try reading R.A. Salvatore or playing D&D minitures. :>

Hope this helps some.

aftermath said:
If you want emulators;
SNES: FF3, FF5, Chrono Trigger, Tales of Phantasia (DeJap), Breathe of Fire 2,3
PSX:FF7, Chrono Cross, Arc the Lad, Breathe of Fire 4
NES:FF1, Zelda, Breathe of Fire.
Just a word of warning, beware of playing the Chrono Trigger ROM on SNES9x, there is one bit about 5 hours in where you have to catch a rat, the widely distributed ROM is ever so slightly glitchy however, and it prevents you from continuing, as I found to my utter frustration.

P.S. I'd add "The Illusion of Time"/"The Illusion of Gaia" to that list of must play SNES RPG's too. Absolute classic. ;)

LOL. u chased that rat thing for 5 hours? i caught it in about 5 mins, but my friend had the same prob and we both had the same rom. how odd, eh?

Yeah that is strange, and very annoying, maybe I should try the ROM on another PC, i still have the SNES9x savegame in the right place. If it doesnt work, is there any chance I could email you the savegame so you could get me past that bit on your machine? please? :D

lol... my saved game. I dont have one at the moment, diff pc, but i can fix that in a few hours if you want some day

Bigmacscanlan said:
Just a word of warning, beware of playing the Chrono Trigger ROM on SNES9x, there is one bit about 5 hours in where you have to catch a rat, the widely distributed ROM is ever so slightly glitchy however, and it prevents you from continuing, as I found to my utter frustration.
The reason why you couldn't catch the rat was because BEFORE you meet the rat, there is a part in the dome where you had to press L , R and A together to make a ladder come down or make a door open. Depending on how your keyboard buttons were mapped, this couldn't be done because the keyboard can't handle many keys (which are close to each other) pressed down at the same time.

malfunkshun said:
"The reason why you couldn't catch the rat was because BEFORE you meet the rat, there is a part in the dome where you had to press L , R and A together to make a ladder come down or make a door open. Depending on how your keyboard buttons were mapped, this couldn't be done because the keyboard can't handle many keys (which are close to each other) pressed down at the same time."
OK cheers malfunkshun, i am going to try playing through on my Dreamcast SNES emulator, if not I will start the game again on my PC and map the buttons differently. Thanks for telling me though. ;)

aftermath said:
"lol... my saved game. I dont have one at the moment, diff pc, but i can fix that in a few hours if you want some day"
If its a lot of hassle dont worry about it. But if I get stuck again I might PM you if its ok?? ;)

Cricket said:
I love Ultima Online. Though I have wanted to Play Star Wars Galaxies online. I just don't want to start over from the beginning when I have so much as the mage tamer in this game.

Ah Ms. Cricket, UO was a great game but it's time so start anew. SWG is fun and hopefully the new expansion Jump to Lightspeed fixes a lot of the balancing issues they've been having. I played UO EQ and a few others prior to SWG. I'm looking forward to EQII going live soon though (next week I believe) If you love UO you'll be ecstatic about EQII since the development team from original UO hopped on board (those that didn't help out with SWG) Best thing about you still playing UO is that if you get too frustrated with starting a new game (SWG or EQII etc) is that you can always hop back and go obliterate something in UO!

I never could really get into the MMORPG's as much as i wanted. I'm sure if I took the time to sit down and play, I'd become addicted. Just the problem is money, time, and my fiance. She won't even let me look at the everquest box when we enter a game shop. I play Runescape from time to time, when my pc isn't being stupid and allows it to load properly. I also used to play tibia, but I never really liked that one.

Beyond Divinity looks really neaet. Has anyone played it yet?