Women in Sci Fi movies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think more female leads should have an open mind regarding nudity.

Male nudity is disgusting and exploitive.

lol. And women's nudity isn't?

And I'll accept the offer Tsu ;) Who can I practice on though? :)

The Master™ said:
Resident Evil??? You serious??? What a pile of "fetid dingoes kidneys"... The film is deplorable and the acting makes Ikea furniture interesting!!! Sheesh!!! She is not an actress, she's a model... "Just stand there, luv, and look pouty!!!"

You want a job based on your cleavage??? Thinking of pole dancing??? ;)

Trudi Canavan's trilogy had a VERY strong female lead, who evolved from a young innocent girl, through to a master magician!!!

resident evil is one of the worst movies i have seen. A guy i know keeps insisting its a classic. It annoys me so much he also thinks attack of the clones is the best star wars movie. I know they say taste is subjective but come on! Ah well shouldn't get worked up.

Bad game, bad movie. No secret.

Strong women in movie ? Have a look at Fog by John Carpenter, the main lead is a woman, played by Adrienne Barbeau, with no overexposed skin and no over-testosterone attitude for a woman.

Leto said:
Bad game, bad movie. No secret.

Strong women in movie ? Have a look at Fog by John Carpenter, the main lead is a woman, played by Adrienne Barbeau, with no overexposed skin and no over-testosterone attitude for a woman.
actually i think the first resident evil game is good and 4 is apparantly amazing

You definitely do get a lot of strong female parts if you include horror films (and horror is usually a branch of fantasy). It's always the slightly-less attractive one with half a brain who ends-up killing the monster/slasher and escaping in some improbable manner, leaving various sexy corpses behind her. This is mostly due to Alien, as opposed to the TCM and its ilk.

The femme-fatale angle is often over-used, but it's just so very convenient as a plot device.

polymorphikos said:
You definitely do get a lot of strong female parts if you include horror films (and horror is usually a branch of fantasy). It's always the slightly-less attractive one with half a brain who ends-up killing the monster/slasher and escaping in some improbable manner, leaving various sexy corpses behind her. This is mostly due to Alien, as opposed to the TCM and its ilk.
You mean like Velma instead of Daphne ?

I was watching some old tv recordings over the weekend... And found an episode of a series called PREY...

Quite a strong female lead: Dr Sloan Parker, played by Debra Messing (of Will & Grace fame)... About a Bio-anthropologist who discovers a new strain of human... Shame it was so shortlived... Jan-Jun 1998... She was highly intelligent and not afraid to put herself in danger, but was surrounded by strong men...

Then there was Highlander: The Raven... With Elizabeth Gracen playing the Immortal Amanda... Young, attractive, sexy... A theif and over a thousand years old...

How come there were never any ugly female immortals??? There were a few plain looking male immortals!!! Take The Kurgan!!! :D

i remember prey. was quite good:), higlander raven was lost on me. but my fave immortal from the series had to be roland giff

Only 'cos he was a bad boy - and we know how much you like bad boys!!! :D

Actually, aren't we going off track... Didn't the thread start about women in Sci-Fi movies??? Hope all this is useful to the young lady... :D

Mine was Methos, but that's another story...

Strong woman lead in Sci-fi movies... Ghosts of Mars ?

hehe, we always get sidetracked.
BUT i'm going completely off men! no offense meant. its now at the point where just about every man i know in real life (married and single) have hit on me. its like now i'm separated i've stuck a sign on my forehead!
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Status
Not open for further replies.