More Doctor Who Nonesense

I think of Dr Who as a friendly old pet dog when his best days are far behind him. Once upon a time, he was loved dearly by all, but now it’s all he can do to stop piddling on the rug as the years catch up with him.

Sadly, it’s time to take Old Shep round the back of the barn and put him out of his misery - courtesy of the double barrelled doctor.
Ouch. But could say the same about James Bond

It's a disgrace, the world's going to hell, etc. I sometimes get the feeling that the sole function of Doctor Who is just to wind up different groups of people on the internet. "Who hasn't thrown a wobbly yet? Dog owners? Right then, tell everyone that Doctor Who is coming back as a really cheeky cat."

I have never been a Whovian per se. By sheer luck (good? bad?) I was living in London as a kid and turned the telly to the BBC coincidentally with the the very first episode of Doctor Who. Have followed the show intermittently ever since. Even have a Tom Baker scarf which is a very practical item given Ohio winters.
I do agree with most of the above including numerous bad scripts. Additionally, to my count three less than admirable doctors. I actually liked the four post-Whittaker episodes that I have seen. Definitely including the two Ncutis.
However. Sparking interest by having Doctor reunions has been a long term practice. It is different from having an actor pick up the role again.
I am a little sorry for Matt Smith. As a doctor he was far superior to his portrayal (I blame the scripts) of the psychopath Daemon Targareon. I wonder that he has not picked up anything else that I am aware of.

Talking of Bond, I can't help thinking Chris Hemsworth or Idris Elbow would make decent bonds

A new Bond would have to go in a different direction to the last. The thuggish Bond portrayed by Daniel Craig is reminiscent of Connery's interpretation. If we are to follow a similar route and have a Roger Moore style Bond next - more suave and sophisticated with more humour - then someone like Benedict Cumberbatch or Eddie Redmayne might fill the role.

I would hope that whatever they choose, they try to take Bond in a different direction, as each previous Bond has done.

A new Bond would have to go in a different direction to the last. The thuggish Bond portrayed by Daniel Craig is reminiscent of Connery's interpretation. If we are to follow a similar route and have a Roger Moore style Bond next - more suave and sophisticated with more humour - then someone like Benedict Cumberbatch or Eddie Redmayne might fill the role.

I would hope that whatever they choose, they try to take Bond in a different direction, as each previous Bond has done.
Eddie Redmayne, lol yea right

I think The Kingsmen films have take a lot of the comedic wiggle room that the Bond franchise might have used.
A period Bond would work. As I've written before I be interesting to see the pre 007 Bond and his actions in the SOE.

Eddie Redmayne, lol yea right

British, right age range, familiar face to US audiences. He reminds me of a younger Michael Caine. More of a Harry Palmer than a James Bond, but it could work. If they want to go the Roger Moore route.

I think The Kingsmen films have take a lot of the comedic wiggle room that the Bond franchise might have used.
A period Bond would work. As I've written before I be interesting to see the pre 007 Bond and his actions in the SOE.

I would say Kingsmen were comedy with action, whereas Bond (the Moore years) was action with comedy. To me there is a diference between the two.

Although I watched the original Kingsman, and thought it was okay, I didn't bother with the sequels. I don't think that there is a Bond movie that I haven't liked, and I've seen them all several times. Which is unusual for me.