DISCUSSION THREAD -- March 2024 -- 75-Word Writing Challenge

No short-list this month - I knew that my vote would go to @paranoid marvin's unique take on the theme as soon as I read it.
Don't often laugh out loud at things I read these days, but I thought this was excellent.:lol:

I voted for @AnRoinnUltra and for pretty much the same reason as Pyan, but there was plenty of good stuff to choose from. “Old Ways” was funny, but it was also poignant, and in its own way quite sweet. Anyone who has tried to help an elderly relative or friend to negotiate the internet, and online shopping in particular, for the first time will surely recognise the rabbit-hole that the grandchild has just gone down!

My vote goes to :mad:Victoria SIlverwolf - How Death Came to the Trees

I had a hard time deciding between this and :mad:Mosaix - Nature's Promise.

Close by were:
@Guttersnipe - A Lencten to Remember
@The Judge - Spring into Action
Not sure how the angry faces came to be here! I had put the @ symbol before the name! No I am not angry at these great stories!

@Ursa major .... Birthday Girl .... A story that had me thinking about gifts, surprises, and bad communication.

My Long List, Short List, and *** Favorite ***:

*** How Death Came to the Trees - Victoria Silverwolf ***
Professor Binfire and the Pollution Solution: or, How the Legendary Professor Binfire First Came to the Attention of the Public At Large – Provincial
Widow’s Walk – Phyrebrat
Old Ways – AnRoinnUltra
The Dryad - Christine Wheelwright
A Girl for King - DaCrazyKat29
S.O.U.P. - M. Robert Gibson
When Camping, Pay Attention to Local Tales – nixie
Spring Into Action - The Judge
Birthday Girl - Ursa major

Is there going to be a prize for the most different uses of the word ‘spring’? There have been a few entries…

Time to go vote.

How Death Came to the Trees by @Victoria Silverwolf because it feels like a myth which would be told for generations. (Voted)
The Legend of a Spring Child by @donrmontgomery because like any good legend it has a moral. (Runner-up)

I'm guessing that it's just me, but it sure seemed like we struggled with the Myth or Legend part of this challenge. We had a whole lot of takes on spring in its various forms but I often had trouble seeing a myth or a legend.