Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire (2024)

I liked Afterlife. It wasn't perfect but better than other films in the franchise. I hope this carries on.
I think Film Execs have learnt [if only a little and in a hard way] that they have to satisfy the core fanbase as well as bringing in new characters and new fans.
Cameo appearances by the old guard won't cut it any more. We The fans want Peter, Ray and Winston back in the jumpsuits!
And I've just read that James Acaster is in the film...

Honestly? I was happy with thevone movie. The second wss good and didn't disappoint, and in some ways was better than the original.

But we didn't need a third, or fourth, or more.

Honestly? I was happy with thevone movie. The second wss good and didn't disappoint, and in some ways was better than the original.

But we didn't need a third, or fourth, or more.

I did like the two animated tv seres The Real GhostBusters and GhostBusters Extreme.:cool:

I think what could work (or at least would interest me) would be a movie (or even tv series) about the Ghostbusters before the events of the first movie.

They're obviously all friends, and interested in the paranormal, so we could have some funny, interesting stories about how they first met, or the hijinks they got up to before they became Ghostbusters.

Obviously it would require the use of younger actors to reprise their roles (I don't think that even the best de-aging CGI would work here) but it could be fun for the original actors to come back as their fathers, uncles and/or grandfathers.

This film looks a whole lot darker than the prior films.

Which is a shame, because what made the first two movies great was the comedy, not the ghosts.

Is that how you feel about Stranger Things?

I've only evercwatched the first couple of episodes, but it's on my list.

In my opinion the success of GB 1 and 2 weren't spookiness or the ghosts, it was the humour. They could gave been pursuing giant insects, it would still have bern funny. Dark and brooding they definitely weren't, which makes it kind of odd that that is the route they are now pursuing with Afterlife and number 4.

I've only evercwatched the first couple of episodes, but it's on my list.

In my opinion the success of GB 1 and 2 weren't spookiness or the ghosts, it was the humour. They could gave been pursuing giant insects, it would still have bern funny. Dark and brooding they definitely weren't, which makes it kind of odd that that is the route they are now pursuing with Afterlife and number 4.
Did you watched the ones were they went overly comical, including one with girls and Chris Hemsworth?

Did you watched the ones were they went overly comical, including one with girls and Chris Hemsworth?

No, but it's in my list of things to watch.

One of the reasons I stopped after only watching a bit was that it seemed to he trying too hard to say 'this is the 80s!'.

I don't know what it was like for a kid growing up in the USA in the 80s, but in the UK a lot of the 80s was still like living in the 70s, mainly because we didn't have yhe cash to buy all that cool 80s gear.

Last edited:
Reactions: ctg
No, but it's in my list of things to watch.

One of the reasons I stopped after only watching a bit was that it seemed to he trying too hard to say 'this is the 80s!'.

I don't know what it was like for a kid growing up in the USA in the 80s, but in the UK a lot of the 80s was still like living in the 70s, mainly because we didn't have yhe cash to buy all that cool 80s gear.
Well, the last movie, the first film in this series, it wasn't in my mind going back to 80s but utilizing the whole concept and include some young cast. Maybe the idea is to take it forward another 3 to 4 decades and have a quality ghostbusting movies.

Well, the last movie, the first film in this series, it wasn't in my mind going back to 80s but utilizing the whole concept and include some young cast. Maybe the idea is to take it forward another 3 to 4 decades and have a quality ghostbusting movies.

Frozen Empire, hm, I wonder how long it has t be in the microwave to thaw . :unsure::whistle:

• Haha
Reactions: ctg