DISCUSSION THREAD -- February 2024 -- 75 Word Writing Challenge

Ok, got some time to think about the 75.

Theme - Destiny - ok, I can do that.

Genre - Romantasy - wait, what?

Nope, just nope. No chance... unless I can do something horrid with it? Is that possible? I've not got the Dark Lord married off yet.

Even if we weren't in the sombre family times, I can't write romance. So, may have to give this one a miss.

For most of this month (as it has been for the last several months) my mind was an absolute blank when I tried to think of story. But I thought that if this month's particular theme and genre didn't inspire me to produce something, so that I could at least participate, then I was a pretty hopeless case.

So when an idea came to me, I went with it.

@nixie .... Love Crosses all Barriers .... A story which makes me wonder if oblivion is only a figment of the imagination.

@Yozh .... Love Looks Familiar .... A story which gives the idea of pulling a rabbit out of your hat a whole new nuance.

I'm not sure I've ever read a proper romantasy. Fantasy with romance, sure. But romance with fantasy? If I have, it wasn't memorable. I've given it my best effort and went with a twist on enemies to lovers. I wonder if anyone will get the title?

@emrosenagel .... Destiny Over the Telephone .... A story which makes me wonder if fate has a sense of humor.

@Peter V .... Under the Clock in Grand Central .... A story which makes me wonder about the role of truth in love.

@JS Wiig .... One Fine Day While Gathering Mushrooms in the Fairy Forest… .... A story which makes wonder about love and nursing.

Great reviews going on this month ...the one for 'A Village Girl and the Curse of Aphrodite' would make a killer opening line for a story :unsure:

@Bren G .... Language of Love .... A story that makes me wonder if magic is the language of love or something else.

@Christine Wheelwright .... Love Can Be Bad for Your Elf .... A story which makes me wonder if there was any elf understanding.

Back