Ship locations

Foxbat

None The Wiser
Supporter
Out walking this morning, I looked across the Firth Of Forth at a number of ships and wondered what they were so, when I got home, I did a bit of research and came across this site, complete with map and ship indicators. Just select one and see what it is. I presume it’s all based on transponder information.

Out walking this morning, I looked across the Firth Of Forth at a number of ships and wondered what they were so, when I got home, I did a bit of research and came across this site, complete with map and ship indicators. Just select one and see what it is. I presume it’s all based on transponder information.
I know this site quite well! My parents have a holiday home on Bute, so see a lot of sea traffic going up and down the firth of Clyde and they have been using this site to work out what ships they were seeing.

I have one called FleetMon - tracks everything from the Wonder of the Seas at a quarter of a million tons GT to the Gosport ferry. Just zoom in, click on the icon, and there you are, including a picture if it's on file.

Being a fan of Deadliest Catch, I decided to check out Dutch Harbour and managed to locate both The Wizard and The Northwestern.
It amused me somewhat:)

Back