Stranger Things - Season V - Netflix

ctg

weaver of the unseen
Production on the fifth season was supposed to start sooner but was delayed due to the strikes taking place in Hollywood. “Writing does not stop when filming begins,” Stranger Things writers, the Duffer brothers, said on the official Stranger Things writer Twitter page back in May. “While we’re excited to start production with our amazing cast and crew, it is not possible during this strike. We hope a fair deal is reached soon so we can all get back to work.”

The team announced their return to the writing room in September.

We know a few things about the upcoming season – firstly, that it will be the final season of the show and the first episode is expected to be called ‘The Crawl’. “We hope that you stay with us as we finish this tale of a powerful girl named Eleven and her brave friends, of a broken police chief and a ferocious mom, of a small town called Hawkins and an alternate dimension known only as the Upside Down,” the brothers said in a letter announcing the final season.

“We’re starting season five and already things are very bad,” the Duffer brothers said of season five in its Tudum special. “So 4 and 5 are going to sit really well together. Dustin’s been impacted a lot by the death of Eddie and that’s going to really affect his storyline in 5. I think we’re going to see a side of Dustin we haven’t seen before.”

The brothers also revealed that season five probably won’t be as long as season four because the action will already be ramped up from the very beginning: “They’re going after Vecna from minute one,” they said.

However, they also said that the season will include a “few more revelations” but that they need to make sure they give their characters “time to make these finals arcs”.

“It’s going to be like Season One on steroids,” the brothers revealed.

The gang return to Hawkins for the fifth and final season of Stranger Things. Here’s what we know…
We do know that the actors are too old to be doing this any longer.

I'm not interested in what happens when they are older. I'll probably still watch it (and they are counting on that) but it will be like Harry Potter and the Cursed Child and completely unnecessary. Alternatively, they could bring in new children (a kind of 'The Next Generation') but I wouldn't be interested in that either. As Geoffrey Chaucer wrote, “But at the laste, as every thing hath ende, She took hir leve, and nedes wolde wende.”