Wheel of Time series

Judderman

The Iceman cometh
Remarkable really that a great series based on one of the most famous fantasy epics has so little attention here. It was overlooked due to the inferior but more hyped and costly Rings of Power.

There was a little discussion on season 1 which was very good despite a rushed ending due to covid and modest special effects. Beautiful scenery. Rosamund Pike adds a little gravitas.
The Great Hunt (book 2) was my favourite of the 6 books I read from Wheel of Time. Mainly due to the intrigue and squabbles between the many demonic characters. I’m glad to say season 2 makes a very good stab at it. Again great scenes too including the buildings, landscape and costumes,
I was going to say they avoided the braid pulling but Egwene does it once :D

I got to about the 4th book in the series and . I may at some point revise the series.

Partly, but Game of Thrones is not currently competing with it. I think part of the issue is more that Rings of Power is also on Amazon Prime and was heavily advertised by Amazon (plus anything Tolkien based will receive a lot of attention).

Despite all the issues I had with Rings of Power, I did find the series a lot more engaging and interesting than I did Wheel of Time. It's the characters, I think. I don't really care about any of them.

Wheel of Time has the advantage of being based on a very successful series of books, so they know the story works.
Apparently the plan from the showrunner is 8 seasons to cover the 14 books. I guess they could rush through books 7-10 which are generally poorly reviewed. Will all come down to viewer figures though, and keeping the cast.

Wheel of Time has the advantage of being based on a very successful series of books, so they know the story works.
Apparently the plan from the showrunner is 8 seasons to cover the 14 books. I guess they could rush through books 7-10 which are generally poorly reviewed. Will all come down to viewer figures though, and keeping the cast.
And unlike Game pf Thones, The book series is complete.

And unlike Game pf Thones, The book series is complete.
My understanding is that he died before he completed the final volume in the series?

Anyhow, I've just finished watching the first two series and I think it is brilliant. Far better than Rings of Power. This just feels so different.

Can't wait for the next series...

My understanding is that he died before he completed the final volume in the series?

Anyhow, I've just finished watching the first two series and I think it is brilliant. Far better than Rings of Power. This just feels so different.

Can't wait for the next series...

And Brandon Sanderson finished it. I may decide to get back into the books.

I watched a few episodes in season 1 and got tired of it quite quickly. I think it received generally bad reviews, including from lovers of the books. Perhaps especially from lovers of the books. I thought some of the dialogue in the episodes I watched was really dreadful.

Definitely some variations in the reviews but I thought a lot were positive. Some folks were concerned with the characters not looking as expected, but I don’t think that’s a big deal.
To be fair not everyone liked the book dialogue:D Better than Ring of Power dialogue at least.

Looking at Rotten Tomatoes, season 2 (86%) has got higher ratings (from both critics and audience) than season 1 (81%).

So I would certainly not say that it has had "generally bad" reviews. I'm sure there are some bad reviews out there but I think they've done a pretty good job.