Dinosaurs didn't rule the earth

I never really thought of Popular Science as a premier research journal, but in that pterosaur illustration - why do the knees and ankles bend in the wrong direction?

age-of-the-dinosaurs-flying-predators.jpg

Unlike humans, every animal has a real job that keeps things humming. I would say dinosaurs excelled at public service work with an attitude.

Unlike humans, every animal has a real job that keeps things humming. I would say dinosaurs excelled at public service work with an attitude.
When the movie portray the inaccuracies abound . The y put Dinos from all different eras tethers for example If you see a scene with T Rex and a Stegosaurus ( Fantasia for example) . That's simple not possible because Stegosaurus died out 80 million years before T Rex ever even walked the Earth .

"When the movie portray the inaccuracies abound ".

That's true. For example, the wrist articulation during pterosaur flapping flight. Arrgghh.

"When the movie portray the inaccuracies abound ".

That's true. For example, the wrist articulation during pterosaur flapping flight. Arrgghh.

In The Land that Time Forgot 1975 , they didn't flap.;)

They mostly didn't - they were superb soarers. But when they did, it was very powerful. My gripe is that the animators emulate bird kinematics even though pterosaur wrists couldn't articulate in that direction.

Back