DISCUSSION THREAD -- October 2023 -- 75 Word Writing Challenge

The Judge

Truth. Order. Moderation.
Staff member
Supporter
The story posting thread has the theme and genre reversed... I always look there first and was a bit confused for a few moments. It shows:

Theme:

COSMIC HORROR

Genre:

Fragment, fracture, and/or fractions

If you reverse those, you have the Challenge. Not sure if that is what your post was asking, but just a thought.
I don't know. We just can't get competent staff nowadays! (And HB didn't even have the excuse of having to cope with things pre-breakfast on Sunday morning!)

Anyhow, error now corrected so theme and genre are the right way around!

Cat's Cradle

Time, now, to read...
Supporter
Thanks, TJ! I didn't mention it earlier only because I didn't want to sound all whiny and complainy... I knew people would figure it out (it was listed correctly here in this thread:)), CC

Swank

and debonair
Does anyone know if "fragment, fracture or fractions" refers to anything? Or are those just words?

Elckerlyc

"Philosophy will clip an angel's wings."
Given that it is 'fragment, fracture and/or fractions', I think it is meant to be just words, partly synonyms. Whatever triggers your muse.

Parson

This world is not my home
Supporter
@Victoria Silverwolf .... The Tomb .... Certain things should be left alone.

@Cat's Cradle .... Between Moments .... Time changes all things.

@Astro Pen .... Last gasp .... Some things are really worth more than their weight in gold.

@THX1138 .... Into the Eyes of a Fractured Soul .... You never know what you're going to see.

@Guttersnipe .... Begotten .... Transformation can be a terrible thing.

@Peter V .... Good Job the Kids Weren’t Home! .... Sometimes half is something less.

paranoid marvin

Run VT Erroll!
Supporter
THX1138 , that was a pretty chilling 75 words. I might just have to sleep with the lights on tonight. And the mirror covered.

Parson

Supporter
@Swank .... Orbital Mechanic Blues .... A shrinking window of life.

@BigJ .... But they said it wouldn’t rip a hole in reality . . . .... Darkness creeps ever forward.

@David Evil Overlord .... Worlds Apart ,,,, Sometimes bridges are good, sometimes not so much.

@Elckerlyc .... Reality’s End .... Where's the line between virtual reality and reality is hard to see.

@genelewis .... Anopheles .... Having all the facts is very important.

Parson

Supporter
@sule .... Who's Afraid? .... When the roll is called up yonder who'll be there?

@nixie .... The Baby Elder God .... Even the best laid plans of gods can come to naught.