Thought Ons the 2017 film Ghost In the Shell

BAYLOR

There Are Always new Things to Learn.
Staring Scarlet Johansson and directed by Rupert Sanders and based off the Amine films and tv series of the same name . Johansson platy a cyborg character called the Major and she works for the Public Security Section 9 who job is to fight supped up cyborg criminals of this near future city of Tokyo . The city looks like something out of Blade Runner . This film did do well at the box office and I at the time dismissed it until it came on dvd . and having watched, I rather enjoyed it , Yes it deviates a bit from the source material but in, look and feel and overall spirit , it's a pretty good adaptation. I think it s better film then critics thought

What are you thoughts on this film ? :)

I vaguely remember it, but i enjoyed it well enough.

I remember it being very good visually, with some great set pieces, but i don't remember any of the plot.

I do think they should've cast a Japanese actress to play the Major.

In my opinion, the coolest thing about the 2017 release of the "Ghost In The Shell" movie was how it reinvigorated interest in the original animated film. I've met quite a few people who had no idea about the anime version, and went on to watch it as well, as a result of watching the live action version.

It
In my opinion, the coolest thing about the 2017 release of the "Ghost In The Shell" movie was how it reinvigorated interest in the original animated film. I've met quite a few people who had no idea about the anime version, and went on to watch it as well, as a result of watching the live action version.

I discovered the anime first and liked loved. By favorite series Stand Alone Complex , very well written and produces . . I love the open theme music in this series and the extend version of it as well.

I suspect that they got some their visual cue ideas from Blade Runner.:)

Back