What Era Would Visiting (peaceful) Aliens See Us 'In'?

Omits

I'm looking for a term. Perhaps more in a societal way than say 'Pre Fusion' or 'Pre Gravity' but something about breakthrough inn physics maybe. So technical as well. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the link. Didn't think of that. However you are all thinking from a human perspective.

The Plastic Age
The Pollution Age

Perhaps if we could clarify when our current 'age' started, from an alien perspective. - Invention of tools/steam power/electric power/nuclear power/space travel

Here's what Wikipedia have to say about our 'ages'
It looks like we are currently in the Industrial age

Tricky one to post within guidelines :unsure:
(Feel free to remove it if lines are considered crossed) I would say:

Stuck in the political experimentation era.
All systems of control have tried and failed in the 20th century but the mechanisms of power and control remain in place. stronger than ever with the aid of technology, and are now totally subverted.

Last edited:
...you are all thinking from a human perspective.
I didn't believe that I was, but if you really wanted an aliens perspective given from...
..something about breakthrough inn physics...
..then in regards to "Hospitality Science," I don't think they'd find us very 'accommodating,' and they'd probably class us as still within a Traditional Society:
A society characterised by an orientation to the past, not the future, with a predominant role for custom and habit. Societies marked by a lack of distinction between family and business, with the division of labor influenced primarily by age, gender, and status.

In terms of fuel, from microbes to animals, overwhelming percentage is natural carbon based fuel. Question is do our fuels amount to an asterisk or an honorable mention?

I'd apply the following constraints:
  • Can't predict the future, so it cannot be pre anything.
  • Must be externally observable
  • Must be objective and not subjective
From this, I'd suggest:
  • Global Warming or Global Heating
  • Radio-based Communication
  • Terrestrial Transportation

I'd apply the following constraints:
  • Can't predict the future, so it cannot be pre anything.
  • Must be externally observable
  • Must be objective and not subjective
From this, I'd suggest:
  • Global Warming or Global Heating
  • Radio-based Communication
  • Terrestrial Transportation
The Aliens would see humans as living in their past so would be Pre something e.g. Pre Quantum.

Amazingly Primative.
Yes but a relative term. Struggling with science but still squabbling/fighting over assets. I was thinking some sort of pre enlightenment phase but we have our own period for that but can't think of a term to cover tech and social evolution.

Likely it would be something in comparison to themselves; something which as humans it would be impossible for us to guess at. It would also depend on what values were important to them.

They may listen to the music of Mozart, read the words of Shakespeare and view the works of De Vinci or Michaelangelo, and consider us to be an enlightened, cultivated form of life.

They may switch on the TV or read history books and jusge us by those standards.

Or they may regard humans in the same way that we might regard a colony of ants.

Report from Sol 3
It is very sad to watch. They still have physical bodies - and they don't last long.

Back