Short Story Search

egresor

Hi to all.

I was wondering if someone can recall reading this (I believe) short story. Cannot remember title or author, but remember much of the details of it and was hoping real sci-fi readers might remember it and possibly the title or author.

It tells about aliens on their planet. It relates about one alien in particular. The alien takes control over other, shall I say nests...I think in other mountains? There is struggle and sort of absorbing the others aliens in their (I think) mountain. The alien senses other nests and seeks to absorb them under their control. Later the alien detects others not of their race and plans to absorb them under their control, in other means I believe man. The alien grows stronger with each nest of those like them absorbed (conquered) and has strong mind control powers and is driven to control everything they encounter and not being under their (one alien...not a group) control.

Wish I could recall it, but do not. The reason I want to read it again is because of my readings about the Annuanaki and how they bite off the genitals of others...similar to the book alien. I assume that means taking away their power. And of procreation, like a lion kills the cubs of other lions they did not father.

I have little hope of finding it, but giving it a shot.

thanks

It sounds like something out of one of Peter F Hamilton’s doorsteps. Not sure about a ss or the bollock biters.

It sounds like something out of one of Peter F Hamilton’s doorsteps. Not sure about a ss or the bollock biters.
thanks for that author and will check it out.

only mentioned the annuanaki because of seeing similarities in how annuanaki are described in behavior in taking power from others. such as ishtar is described going to the underworld to mourn for her dead husband. as soon as she set aside her powers, her sister (who ruled the underworld) killed her instantly, because she believe ishtar was planning to, shall I say bite of her genitals.

appreciate the response

I feel like I’ve heard of this, but I can’t point what it is. This sounds so interesting, though. Thanks for posting this because now I want to find it too!

I feel like I’ve heard of this, but I can’t point what it is. This sounds so interesting, though. Thanks for posting this because now I want to find it too!
it was an interesting read. the alien was an emergent being and sensed his powers and brought those in his mountain under his control and then sensed other nests and went to war to bring them under his control. his powers grew with each nest until he sensed other beings on other worlds and planned to bring them under his control. it was pretty well written short story. in was in one of those compilations of short sci-fi stories from the 60's I think. could have been 70's as well.

so...if you find it?
thanks

sorry it was not hamilton or pandora's star. there were no other beings other than the single alien and the ones like him in other mountains. am sure about them living is mountains (think not on a mountain but inside)

the mention of other aliens on other planets only comes after he has conquered all the other mountains and gained mental powers to detect other planet life and planned to conquer them. I assume a kind of powerful mind control.

plan to search for sci-fi short story books from the 60's and 70's and such to find a name or description of the stories contained in them.

thanks for the attempts though. will post again if a search locates it.

take care