DISCUSSION THREAD -- September 2023 -- 75 Word Writing Challenge

mosaix

Shropshire, U.K.
Supporter
Congrats @Phyrebrat and cosmic horror... maybe a I need to write about another damp patch. How about the ceiling?

Thanks to @Daysman and @JS Wiig for the votes plus the mentions folks.

Strange this month, my idea came from a favourite lyric of mine From the Faithless song, Reverence.

However, I couldn't fit an upbeat tale in 75, so down the dark rabbit hole I went and myths always talk about seers needing to be blind to see.

I admit to being thankful for one thing. I've been very disheartened in my output both for sometime, both in quality and amount. This came to a head in August, with missing the 75 and asking a mod if my account could be deleted. Thankfully, they either forgot or ignored to follow up after initial acknowledgement.

BTW - I'd advise anyone to listen Faithless, even if you're not into dance music. Maxi Jazz had a sublime way with lyrics that are often way more than just a dance or pop song.
Delete your account? Don't you dare!

mosaix

Shropshire, U.K.
Supporter
Here's the thing @Luiglin. Due to the recent 100 word roll of honour thread I've been looking at some of my winning entries in that competition. I'd forgotten all about them and when I read them thought 'did I really write that? There's no chance I could even come up with the idea today!'

The problem (if it is a problem) is that my brain is older now. But I'm still me and you're still you. Stick around and just be you.

BigJ

_insertlabelhere_
You know you're late to the post-vote discussion thread when the next month's thread is already up . . .

Anyway, a belated congrats to @Phyrebrat on a well deserved victory!

For my own story, thanks for mentions/listings to @johnnyjet, @genelewis, Phyrebrat, @sule and @Daysman.

The ability to win several Challenges . . . does sometimes play hide-and-seek with us.
I'm imagining my challenge-winning muse hiding in a closet somewhere wondering what's taking so gosh-darned long while I wander around contentedly looking at the birds oblivious to the fact that I should be looking for something.
Maybe I should write it out :)
Couldn't hurt. Last time I got dumped, my brother cheerfully reminded me that it was a very good time to get really good at guitar.

Instead I opted to try getting fat and happy; just got fat. Do not recommend haha

Abernovo

Transcontinental intergalactic tea drinker
Supporter
Offices on Earth, Haumea, and at Galactic Core.
Congratulations, @Phyrebrat!

Apologies to all. I missed the voting. A very rare occurrence for me if I've entered. I try to do it at least some of the time when I've not entered. This last week went a bit crazy, and I got side-tracked. I will do better.

Phyrebrat

www.beanwriting.com
Supporter
Hello,

Better late than never: just wanted to thank everyone who voted or mentioned my story.

In particular:
It seems like we have a new tradition in explaining our stories’ backgrounds or raison d’etre.

I hope I don’t sound repetitive but, write what you know… and in that regard, my story was inspired by my struggles with depression etc. bit obvious I guess but there it is. Depression can be such a constant companion that ot begins to develop a sort of character itself. Or at least in my twisted mind it has :D