DISCUSSION THREAD -- September 2023 -- 75 Word Writing Challenge

emrosenagel

My vote: The Oracle of Ailuros by @M. Robert Gibson

My short/long list: Even the Sighted are Blind by @Guttersnipe, The Synesthesiast in Space by @Cat's Cradle, To See the World by @Yozh, ⠞⠓⠑ ⠥⠝⠎⠑⠑⠝ by @Mon0Zer0, Fatal Vision by @Astro Pen, Can't Unsee It by @Bren G, Astigmatism by @Phyrebrat, and A Series of Notes, Intercepted by @Stable

I really enjoyed a lot of these stories, but I think my list was long enough as-is! Awesome job, everyone :giggle:

Thank you for the shortlists @Stable, @johnnyjet, @genelewis, and @sule. And thank you very much for the votes @Lacedaemonian and @Sphinctus Bogstrider!

The Judge

Truth. Order. Moderation.
Staff member
Supporter
Looking at all the stories, I was dazzled! (Though, as ever, I'm myopic concerning some which I didn't get.)

My short list:

Astro Pen -- Fatal vision
BrenG -- Can't Unsee It
Cat's Cradle -- The Synesthesiast in Space
johnnyjet -- Tomorrow We Will Have Eyes
MonoZero -- ⠞⠓⠑ ⠥⠝⠎⠑⠑⠝
Peter V -- Eyeless
Phyrebrat -- Astigmatism
Victoria Silverwolf -- Eumenides
Yozh -- To see the world

Foreseeing how much time it would take to spot a winner, all bright-eyed I've scanned the stories over several days, and I've finally seen my way clear to vote for Phyrebrat's eye-lurking horror

Here's a blinking sight for sore eyes! I didn't envision any attention for my piece, so I'm very grateful to see it's received so much from my peers. Clouded Burning thanks for the mentions/shortlistings Hugh, nixie, johnnyjet, Christine, Phyrebrat, THX1138, Parson, Starbeast and Daysman. And Mega Murderer-Catching thanks for the wonderful vote, sule!

Cat's Cradle

Time, now, to read...
Supporter
Time is short, and I want to post my lists, quickly. Nice theme, johnnyjet! And thanks, as always, to Parson and Victoria Silverwolf for the fine reviews.

Shortlist:
emrosenagel, johnnyjet, Peter V, Parson

Finalists (many of them):
Victoria Silverwolf, Phyrebrat, Stable, Christine Wheelwright, The Judge

I plunked down for Phyrebrat's fine entry.

Sorry, this may be my quickest, least informative voting post ever.

Many thanks to the folks who mentioned my entry. :)
Looks to be a close one, good luck, all! CC

Phyrebrat

www.beanwriting.com
Supporter
Oh I’m going to be unbearable for the next few months. My second ever win of the 75er!

This weekend @The Big Peat @HareBrain @Dan Jones @Venusian Broon and I are meeting (I’m hosting VB and Peat, chez le morveux de feu) so I will demand drinks in whichever London pub we end up in.

And alms. I want alms.

And I get to chose the theme and genre for Halloween. I’ve already decided on Cosmic Horror as the genre…

The theme however… I shall have to think…

Thank you for the bites, mentions and votes— proper post to follow but it’s 2.20 here.

Last edited:

paranoid marvin

Run VT Erroll!
Supporter
Well done Phyrebat!

Thanks to M.Robert Gibson for the shortlisting and Peter V for the vote.

And of course thanks yo Parson and Victoria for the as-ever considered and insightful reviews.

*wonders what genre Phyrebat will have in store for us all in October*