SF & Fantasy Biz

psikeyhackr

Physics is Phutile, Fiziks is Fundamental
I have been watching some of this guys videos.

I have always leaned towards hard SF cause that is how I learned science since the nitwit nuns did not teach it. Of course this was pre-internet days and I never really discussed SF with anyone. But SF and Fantasy were in different bays, as he calls them, at a major bookstore in 1980.

Turns out they were in a corner next to the computer books bays. I believe there were only 3 bays of computer books but then they grew and grew and grew. Must have been 10 or 12 last I recall.

Anyway computers have become dominant tools/factors in every science. So why is fantasy flooding us?

BAYLOR

There Are Always new Things to Learn.
I have been watching some of this guys videos.

I have always leaned towards hard SF cause that is how I learned science since the nitwit nuns did not teach it. Of course this was pre-internet days and I never really discussed SF with anyone. But SF and Fantasy were in different bays, as he calls them, at a major bookstore in 1980.

Turns out they were in a corner next to the computer books bays. I believe there were only 3 bays of computer books but then they grew and grew and grew. Must have been 10 or 12 last I recall.

Anyway computers have become dominant tools/factors in every science. So why is fantasy flooding us?

Because many people love tales set in worlds with no technology , where there is magic that makes impossible possible and, does better than tech based science fiction.

psikeyhackr

Physics is Phutile, Fiziks is Fundamental
Because many people love tales set in worlds with no technology , where there is magic that makes impossible possible and, does better than tech based science fiction.
If smartphones do not qualify as:

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

then I do not know what does. And I soldered together my first computer in 1979. $200 for 20 KILOBYTES of memory. Makes me want to cry!